Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Welcome to the Hive! 

Have you looked into Turks and Caicos ?

Post # 4
1195 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Yennifer:  We did St. lucia and it was amazing. We did stay at an all inclusive but there are several different options there besides inclusive resorts. 

Post # 5
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

What about Hawaii if you haven’t been there? It’s got the ocean and lots of other interesting things to visit. 

Post # 6
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Yennifer:  I would consider Puerto Rico.  I think you could have a great trip with your budget, you could spilt your time between San Juan and a beach town or maybe Vieques (the bioluminescent bay – omg!) doing 4-5 days each town or however much time you have and can stretch your budget.  It is safe, you do not need to stay inside an all inclusive resort.  Puerto Rico is a great place to travel within.  

San Juan is loaded with history, great food, amazingly friendly and beautiful locals and the architecture is wonderful.  You can rent bikes (or electic bikes/mopeds) and do some touring of the neighboring suburbs and beaches as well.  Then move to a beach town and hit up the El Yunque Rainforest en route!

I went to Puerto Rico for far too short of a stay a few years ago and it really surprised me, I loved that place, loved the people, food, music, culture, history.  I can’t wait to go back and spend more time one of these days.  

There’s a new W hotel on Visques that looks lovely!  And I have browsed plenty of great vacation rentals (condos, apartments, independent villas) in all parts of Puerto Rico if you want more privacy and to make your money go further.  

Of course this is dependent on what month you are looking to travel.

Post # 7
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Yennifer:  Belize?  I hear that’s an up and coming spot but I hear great things.  It has beaches and clear water, but also has ruins and other things to check out.

And I’m pretty sure English is also their official language.

Post # 8
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Yennifer:  You should definitely check out Groupon and Living Social for their vacations. They often have all inclusive resorts in great desitinations. I have used them to go to St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, and around Europe. Especially if it’s in their low season, you can get great deals.

Post # 9
1839 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2006

@Britt214:  +1 St. Lucia is amaaaaaazingly beautiful, and we felt very safe.

Post # 10
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I LOVE costa rica but it doesn’t really have the crystal clear water and white sand beaches you’re looking for. even the caribbean side, while pretty, is more coral-y. so if that’s what you’re after it probably wouldn’t be the best destination for you.

Post # 11
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Have you thought about renting a condo?  We rented a luxury condo in turks and caicos for less than half the cost of their hotels.  It was beautiful, private and romantic.  My sis recently went to Isla Mujeres in Mexico and said it was amazing.  You could look at Holbox island, also in Mexico.  What’s nice about these 2 places it that they are accessible and have great beaches, but are far removed from the typical ‘all-inclusive’ vibe.

Post # 12
9859 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Yennifer:  Welcome!

Have you considered Greece or Croatia?  What about the south of France?

Post # 13
2501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@sourcandy: we are thinking of Belize! We want somewhere tropical but affordab/close  ( we can only be gone 5-6 days)

@Yennifer:  commenting to follow! We have the same budget 🙂

Post # 14
1195 posts
Bumble bee

@lavenderstone:  🙂 already planning an anniversary trip we loved it so much. Wish i could afford Jade Mountain but that is not going to happen. Where did yall stay?

Post # 15
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Hi @Yennifer:  I see you are NEW to WBee… so a BIG Welcome to “The Hive”

Great info here from the other Bees… let me add some more.

If your Honeymoon is to immediately follow your Wedding (Date shown as August 30, 2014) then you might want to “skip” the Caribbean as that will be prime Atlantic Hurricane Season.

The season runs from June 1st to November 30th, with the largest portion of BIG Hurricanes happening in the months of August, September and October.

As it is late Summer, and still good weather for most of North America & Europe, it would be a great time to visit either continent… or take a Cruise thru the Mediterranean.

Tell us more about your interests, and maybe we can make more specific suggestions

Hope this helps,

Post # 16
31 posts

I would suggest Hawaii. I went for my honeymoon in July for 10 nights….spent 7 nights in Maui and 3 nights in Honolulu. My travel agent arranged an island hopper package for both islands with the Hyatt and it included breakfast everyday. The breakfast was AMAZING. 

Our best adventure was the helicopter ride where we toured waterfalls of neighboring island. But there are so many other things to do. For 10 nights in peak season in July we spent $6500. Depending on when you go the prices could be cheaper and you could save even more if you spent less nights.

prior to getting married I heard other brides say you want a honeymoon where you can relax. You can never appreciate the value of that advice until after the wedding. Hawaii was the perfect place of relaxation with fun things to do.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors