"No one taller than 5'10"?

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
4042 posts
Honey bee

@memo:  That’s a little strange. I am only 5’7” and I will be wearing flats on my wedding day. I wouldn’t care if my BM’s were taller than me. Luckily though, all my BM’s are 3 inches shorter than me, so even with heels, they will likely be shorter.

Post # 4
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

That’s kind of weird… I guess I can’t understand but I had a bridesmaid that is crazy tall and it never occurred to be to be bothered by it haha

Post # 5
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Does everyone have to weigh 5lbs more than the bride too?

Post # 6
11469 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@memo:  I was told the same thing as I am 5’9″. I was not allowed to wear any heels over 2″ due to the groom’s height.

Post # 7
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@memo:  lol my FSIL is a bridesmaid and she is six foot in flats and she will be wearing heels haha

Post # 9
186 posts
Blushing bee

How silly. Who actually has the time to sit around and think about how tall their BMs are going to be?

Post # 11
186 posts
Blushing bee

@memo:  I am the most detail oriented person I know and it never would have occurred to me to think of something so small! lol

Post # 12
28 posts
  • Wedding: July 2014

Oh dear.  I would have to cut my bridesmaids off at the knees to assure they were shorter than me.  Good thing I’m not too concerned about that (seeing as I am 5’2″).

Post # 13
1715 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

@memo:  dang if BMs need to be shorter than the bride then I am going to need all children as bridesmaids considering I’m 4’10”  lol.  Some people think to much about how everything looks when they should be focusing on how the day will feel.  Is everyone going to be miserable because of a bunch of rules or are they going to be happy?

Post # 14
7025 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

To be fair, she already know who her bridesmaids are, and she’s the bride so she can decide what height heels they wear (within reason).

Now if she was not choosing girls as BMs because they were tall, that would be bridezilla-ish. But as it stands, I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request – it’s just worded strangely.

Post # 15
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I’m 5 foot 8  – one bridesmaid is 6 foot 1 and the other is 5 foot 11. Doesn’t matter at all!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors