No store within 100 miles carries the dress I want to try on!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
2289 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Can they get it in to try on? I’m having a similar problem with the Justin Alexander 8714.

Post # 3
42490 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

arabbel:  Sometimes stores will bring in a sample of you ask them and bear some of the costs.

100 miles isn’t that far to travel for a wedding dress. Have you found any stores at all that carry the dress, even if they are more than 100 miles?

Post # 5
42490 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

arabbel:  So for $200 you could try it on locally, saving the price of gas to travel, and then order it from whatever store you want.

Post # 7
4596 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

If it’s something you really want to try on, I say go and travel for it. At least then you’d know if it’s “the one”, or if you can continue looking.

I shopped at a lot of local stores, but also went to stores 45 minutes, an hour, and 3.5 hours away to see what was out there. I ended up getting my dress at the store an hour away. Luckily though, they had the dress I was wanting to try on.

Post # 9
2289 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

arabbel:  Thanks!  Btw any chance that they’ll apply that 200 to the dress if you order it?  I was able to get them to reserve the dress for me to try on (must be reserved a month in advance) and the $150 will apply to the dress if I order it, which I am pretty sure I’ll be doing.

Post # 11
4596 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

arabbel:  Bummer! That must be a dress that is only available at exclusive salons! Hopefully someplace has it, or will eventually get it in! Good luck!

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

arabbel:  Did you have any luck finding this dress? I absolutely love it and I’m having the same problem. I have contacted so many salons in DC, MD, and VA. I’d also be willing to travel within a few hours, or if I could find something similar I’d be a happy camper also. Please let me know if you had any luck!

Post # 14
2132 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I would bring the picture in and start trying on dresses.  There are other similar dresses out there, and perhaps some of the local salons have one of them, and you can try it on (I’ve seen a very similar dress on Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta except each tier was a different lace pattern- can’t remember the designer but it was beautiful and I’ve seen in on weddingbee too!).  At least you can get more of an idea if that dress is really for you.  Maybe you’ll find a dress that makes you forget about that dress, or maybe after trying on a bunch of dresses you feel like you really need to try on that dress, and you can feel more comfortable about paying the $200 to bring it in.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors