- 5 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
My new hubs & I just returned from what can only be deemed as the most wonderful, most relaxing wedding weekend we could have ever imagined. All of the planning over the last few months faded away as we relaxed and just enjoyed ourselves. I’ll post some pro pics later, but I wanted to put a few asap!
My tips for other beach bound brides:
1. Spring for a day of coordinator, and get a list of recommended vendors. A good coordinator & great vendors made for a super-relaxing weekend.
2. Don’t stress the small stuff.
3. Enjoy your time with the the guests who have traveled so far to be with you.
4. Keep the guest list small, so you can do more of #3. (We had 40 people total.)
5. If you are DIYing a lot, be super organized when you pack & communicate your vision with your coordinator. This made things so simple on the day of our wedding.
6. Wear more sunscreen than you can possibly imagine. Also, wear a cover-up at the rehearsal. I forgot to & *almost* got a little farmer’s tan because of my tank-top.
7. Thank your guests & bridal party well. Your dream beach wedding can be a real pain in the arse for others. 🙂 But they love you… We did nice welcome bags & really nice gifts for our Bridal Party, and they truly seemed appreciative.
8. Accept help if offered. We let the groom’s aunts throw a welcome party & my parents host a “morning after” brunch, and it was absolutely fantastic. I’m so thankful we did… it was more time with our nearest & dearest & was just a perfect way to book-end the weekend. Without my Maid/Matron of Honor, I would have never been able to get all my DIY done!
9. Stay for a few days… we ate our leftovers & cake for four days & relaxed at the beach house after everyone left. It was PERFECT!!! (And I probably gained 10 lbs, lol!)
10. No matter what size or style, consider assigning seats. I really didn’t want the formality of assigned seats, but I regretted it… I ended up sitting by the one “odd” guests we had (a Groomsmen had just broken up with his long-term girlfriend, so he brought some random, slightly crazy, size zero model he met on the internet…. who sat RIGHT beside me at our reception. Not awful, but not how I’d imagined it, lol!)
Okay, now for the pics I promised!
The welcome party & our first time seeing our guest:
A pic from our Low Country Boil Rehearsal Dinner:
And of course, the beach house… it was so AMAZING!!!