non-white lace dress, no mermaids, under $3000. which designers to look for?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Hi

Im not sure what size your are but I am selling a vintage looking ivory lace sheath/A line dress by Melissa Sweet w/a Matching Mantilla if you are interested.

Post # 4
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@champagnetoast:  Hey there! This is actually my first officialy post on WeddingBee but your request made me think of my dress: JSM1103 by Sottero and Midgley. It’s champagne, lace, strapless, has an asymetrical sash that was suuuuper flattering, otherwise A-line with a small train, and I flippin’ LOVED IT.

The colors are officially ‘champagne and gold’ and honestly, when I first saw it I thought it looked like a golden brown (I realize that doesn’t sound flattering, but IRL it was just stunning).  It was $1375 before tax and alterations. 

Check it out if you’re up for it. Sottero and Midgley have lots of lace options, lace is super popular so it shouldn’t be difficult to find what you’re looking for. Allure Bridals have TONS of lace gowns, but I didn’t see any that weren’t really white and honestly, their lace didn’t feel like the best quality. 

Good luck!

Post # 6
3928 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@champagnetoast:   Have you peeked at the Martina Liana dresses?  The new line has some lovely warm colors.  

Post # 7
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Hi there!  I’m a non-white, lace, A-line dress wearing bride 🙂 I love my dress, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful, affordable and classic dress.  Here it is Alfred Angelo 801: 

Post # 8
1157 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Mine has lace up top, and it’s champagne colored so definitely not white!  Ball gown sort of style, but almost A line-ish.  Allure 8955

Not sure if this helps at all.  For what it’s worth, what you’re describing is exactly what I thought I wanted…at first haha.  The ruffles won me over once I had it on!

Post # 10
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Maggie Sottero.  I got the Lorie, which is all lace with slight sparkle.  That is a different belt an what it comes with.

Post # 11
2132 posts
Buzzing bee

Maggie Sottero has a bunch, so does Demetrios, and Anne Barge (though her dresses might be more pricey- not really sure.  Love them though)

Post # 12
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Mine fits your criteria! 

This is “Hilary” by David Tutera, and is well under your budget.  Color is an awesome blush pink with ivory lace.  I love it! 

Post # 13
200 posts
Helper bee

Have you looked at Amy Kuschel, Augusta Jones, or Theia bridal? Those are three designers who tend to do more vintage-inspired looks; and their dresses look like they should be much more expensive than they actually are. Good luck and keep us updated!

Post # 14
2124 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Mine is Oleg Cassini from Davids Bridal. It is an ivory trumpet lace dress with light pink 3D flower accents. 

Post # 15
261 posts
Helper bee

Ivoire is a new line by KittyChen Couture. They have this blue gown with lace accents that’s really pretty. They also have a blue and a pink lace gown, but they’re mermaid styles which you weren’t going for. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors