Northeast Pa couple searching for a $5,000 wedding

posted 3 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Are you able to get married at home or someone elses home for free?

Also, consider an afternoon or punch and cake reception.

Post # 6
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

There are a lot of unique and original places you could get married in the area. (within an hour – I live in Effort but I have family in Freeland and friends in Hazleton). Just need to find something budget wise but you can easily accomodate the budget by having it off season, different times, or a FRI/SUN instead. Also there are so many photographers within an hour that have good prices. The one we are using/have used in the past is Suzanne Transue Photography and I know she travels (under 1,000 for cd with full rights, not sure for weddings exactly) but we’ve used her 2x and was under 100 each time, she really captures great photos. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suzanne-Transue-Photography/153481744766698

What exactly are you looking for? A ceremony space or reception space or both?!

I am going to elope but the venue we are looking at (in Saylorsburg, like an hour from you) is Harmony Gardens. It is owned by the officiant and her husband (so cheap). I know she can accomodate a decent amount of people but not sure about over 100. She is really nice and friendly and will answer any questions you have. She also travels if you find something else but need an officiant. 

htttp://www.loisheckman.com

I realize that they are more towards me but just thinking maybe they might help you or someone else resource wise.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors