Not necessarily WR: If you got a check for $10,000 right now, what would you do?

posted 4 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

No saving it? In that case, I’d use it to pay off my wedding and/or honeymoon and keep the money we’ve already saved 🙂 Boring, I know, but I’m a saver at heart.

Post # 4
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’d pay off debt, or spend it on upgrading our honeymoon in a few weeks!

Post # 6
710 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Student loans! But I’m guessing that’s too similar to savings? My DH and I would probably take a trip to somewhere in continental Europe – maybe Italy or France.

Post # 7
1256 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Put it all towards the honeymoon since that is all we’re paying for anyway. Jeez wish this would happen.

Post # 8
8593 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

If I had to spend it, I would probably get a nice new bed and bed frame and then maybe put the rest towards a really nice vacation over the winter.

Post # 9
846 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’d pay off all my credit card debt and buy a new car! Then the only debt I would have left is school loans. And I would have a nice, working car 🙂

Post # 10
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Pay off an annoying old medical bill and go on a vacation! 

Post # 11
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Pay off debt or buy my husband a new car (he totaled his Tuesday)

Post # 12
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@confettiegg2000:  Oh, or this! Putting it toward loans would be great. I dont think that counts as saving!

Post # 15
2657 posts
Sugar bee

Me: “Um, hello Mr. Contractor.  Can you finish all of the DIY projects we started for our yard?  Fencing, removing the dead trees, building a shed, and landscaping?” You can? Great, you do that while I sit on the patio with a beer.”

I guess it’s semi-wedding related because we’re doing a backyard wedding.

Post # 16
2368 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Use about $2k, pay off assorted small debts.  The rest of it would be towards the down payment for the house.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors