Nov. 2018

posted 4 months ago in November 2018
Post # 2
13 posts
Newbee

Me!  We are not officially engaged yet either, but planning to get married on 24th November 2018.

Post # 4
13 posts
Newbee

It seems so far away though doesn’t it.  How are you coping with the ‘wait’. It’s driving me mad haha 

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2018

Me too. My SO is from an area where weddings are more like family potlucks so to help him understand the costs associated I started researching and in our talks, we realized it would take at least two years to pay for so we started saving and looking a little bit. We’re not engaged yet either. After looking at off season prices he quickly understood why I wanted Nov. We thought the 3rd but the place we fell in love with is already booked that day so we may push it to the 10th. Only bummer is that the it will be after day light savings at that point. Lots to figure out still. 

Post # 7
5 posts
Newbee

kelz17x :  I think I’m annoying my closest friend and my guy because I can’t stop thinking and wanting to start making choices lol. I started googling “obsessed with weddings but not engaged” today. Lol

Post # 8
13 posts
Newbee

adrenalinechickey :  haha I totally understand.  I have googled all sorts to try and keep my mind off it.  I really hope I will have the ring by end of May so I can start talking about it and planning.

My friend got engaged at Christmas (I am one of her bridesmaids) so its a good excuse to talk weddings but I want to talk about mine now 🙂

We have our venue booked.  My BF paid the deposit so I know the proposal will happen, I just need to try and forget about it a little.

Our date is 24th Nov so I understand the concern with the end of day light savings but thankfully our venue is so amazing (in my opinion) that day light isnt high up my list of priorities as indoor photos will be amazing.

Where are you both from?

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee

I’m from Eastern Pennsylvania and my guy is from Utah. So I had a high and low this weekend.  The low was, after watching tons of romantic movies that all seemed to be on tv this weekend, my older cousin who is my grandmother’s favorite and just got married in May of last year, is a Dr in California, married a Lawyer, has two homes etc. Now she just announced she’s pregnant, and due 3 days before my birthday.  I’m happy for her, really because she’s worked for most of what she has and she’s not the type to really gloat, but I just feel like when my moment does come, eventually, it’s going to not be as special or I won’t be made to feel as special, especially with that side of my family, because, well cousin is having a baby. She keeps having news to announce and I’m still waiting. I know that’s probably horrible but just how I felt this weekend in addition to all the sappy movies. (that and my guy and I don’t want to have kids so engagement/wedding will really be the only news to share when the time comes).

The high after that was: (A little back story first) my guy had been saving for a ring, and we even went looking.  His budget was more than double what I thought he should be spending on a ring, so we got to a more “reasonable” number. After Christmas expenses, a personal purchase for him, moving out here and moving in together, he had a lot of cc debt (or what I consider a lot) and a month or so ago I told him that it bothered me that he was saving money for a ring when he had this debt. He didn’t want to pull from a personal fund for a side business because it took him several years to build that up and after debating it I told him to use some of the ring fund for his debt. He paid of the debt and I assumed it was from the ring fund. I’m glad he paid it but it was kind of a bummer realizing that it’s definitely not any closer now. However, during a separate conversation yesterday, he told me that he actually had used part of the personal fund and left the ring amount alone, which surprised me but made me happy.

I’m not putting too much stock in it coming soon, to try to not think about it but some days it just gets to you.

Post # 12
5 posts
Newbee

<u>mvanburen19 :</u>  I know right?  It at least backed up my reasoning to try to book things in the near future. I think it booked quickly because it’s the last day of day light savings and the venue’s off season starts in Nov with a 15% discount.  But given that, I’m even more so itching to put some money down, but not without the ring. We thought about a Sunday but it just changes a lot in my head about going about the whole thing. I’m not great with change and I have to come to terms with a change logically before I can jump on board.

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee

mvanburen19 :  tbh I’m not sure. I didn’t want to put money down til the question is officially asked. If I remember correctly, it’s 1k to deposit to hold the date, and then within 30 days another 1k along with a signed contract. So I don’t think it’s refundable. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors