- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2012
Hi, Bees!!!! Yesterday, I went to Carole Frew’s Bridal (the brick and mortar store of Best Bridal Prices just across the river from St. Louis) and ordered my dress. I got $400 in free accessories because my dress was in the $1200 range. Everything will be shipped to me in early April 🙂 I thought I would share this so you guys can take advantage of the promotion they are offering. They increased the free accessory limit for this month only, and as a result, I got really lucky. I chose a necklace, bracelet and pair of earrings from Mariell totalling $300 (3041B and 3041S) and a Bel Aire veil (V7031) for $138. I went over my free allotment by $38 and just paid that amount on top of my dress!!!!
A couple of things:
- I know that a lot of you are understandably wary about purchasing online. Best Bridal Prices does have a brick and mortar store in Illinois, just across the river from St. Louis. If you live in the area, visit the brick and mortar store. You will get your brick and mortar experience and get the deals on their website
- Another thing if you visit the brick and mortar store: all the in-stock dresses are HALF the price you see in their “sale” section, but only if you grab them in person. At the BBP website, the SALE section is their list of in stock dresses. The accessories promotion doesn’t apply to in-stock dresses, though.
- Even if you live in St. Louis and visit the store in person, if you have the dress mailed to you (outside of Illinois) when it arrives, you don’t pay taxes, which is already a major savings.
- Best Bridal Prices advertizes “free veil and shoes” up to a limit. They actually offer ANY free accessories up to a limit. I used my free $400-worth of accessories allotment to buy my veil and some nice jewelry, since I already had shoes. You can pick out bras, cake decor, petticoats, belts and sashes, or a gift for your bridesmaids. Anything on their site that isn’t a dress, basically.
- The increased free accessory allotment is just for November, but there’s always a free accessory promotion. It’s only really awesome for this month. The rest of the year, the allotment is just okay, if you ask me.
- The ladies in the store said they MIGHT extend the increased accessory allotment, but she wasn’t certain about that
That’s what I had to say about that. I don’t work for BBP (I’m a scientist at Saint Louis University). I’m just really excited about the money I saved after the year I spent running around doing dress shopping. I didn’t even know they had a physical store. Anyway, I hope someone finds this information useful. 🙂 I will post pics of myself in April when I have my first fitting.