(Closed) November 2013 brides, what do you have left?

posted 5 years ago in November 2013
Post # 3
9 posts
  • Wedding: November 2013

we have to order our invites

get the guys tuxes

do the flowers 

and get the favors 

Post # 4
39 posts

We have most of our vendors, and are working on finding a caterer now. After that, we still need to plan specifics (menu, song choices, flowers, etc), my accessories, guy’s tuxes, bridesmaid’s dresses. I already have the favors picked, I just need to order them. Still need to do invitations. Sent save the dates out earlier this week.

Post # 5
751 posts
Busy bee

Venue is booked

dress is ordered

photographer is booked

wedding bands purchased

florist hired

still have to get Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, groom and groomsmen suits, MOB dress, book rehearsal dinner, book flights for Destination Wedding and honeymoon, book hotel for honeymoon, book lighting, book officiant, decide on food and cake, design flowers, choose music, and purchase bridal accessories. Getting engagement photos next week and then will send out Save-The-Date Cards

Post # 6
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Hmm lots of big stuff is done but lots of details left to do.

Invitations (design picked, need to print)

Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (picked, need to order)

Men’s tuxes (narrowed it down, need to decide)

Thank you notes for favours (need to print)

His ring (need to decide and purchase)

Need to pick up favours, candles and candle holders for reception

Honeymoon stuff will get settled this summer once we know where I’m working. Then there’s the thank you cards, deciding on the music for the ceremony, setting out the agenda and all those finicky details. I’m looking forward to the next “lull” since the last few months were both stressful AND expensive!

Post # 7
375 posts
Helper bee

You ladies are on the ball!

We’ve got the broad strokes down (venue/caterer/DOC/officiant/photographer/rings/my dress) but still have a lot of DIY left, as ours is a DIY-heavy affair plus decide what he’s going to wear and book it or buy it.

According to all of the wedding checklists out there we’re right on track but I still can’t help feeling a little bit behind the 8-ball!

Post # 8
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I have pretty much everything done…except some of my deposits paid. Is it normal to have a florist who doesn’t make you put a deposit down? hmmm…just wondering?

Post # 9
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Reception venue booked

Celebrant booked

Photographer booked

Hair and Makeup booked

Still have everything else to get done/booked. When we got engaged we thought we’d have plenty of time….whoops! I guess we’ll be super busy for the next month getting everything done and booked, but I’m an EA and one of my bridesmaids is a Project Manager- We’ll pull it off 🙂

Post # 10
2490 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

It feels like I have so much left to do!

– Venues booked
– Dress ordered
– Invitations decided on and ordered
– Officiant booked
– Menu finalized
– Hotel booked

To do:
– Assemble invitations
– Send invitations
– Pick & order flowers
– Buy thank you cards
– Buy favours
– Have engagement party (August)
– Get flower girl & ringbearer outfits
– Book photographer
– Book honeymoon (though it won’t be until Jan/Feb)
– Decide on decoration for ceremony space
– Get accesories, etc. to finish my look
– Buy groom suit
– Finalize ceremony details
– Order wedding bands
– Pick music
– Dress fitting
– Hair & makeup trials

Post # 11
101 posts
Blushing bee

Venue booked.

Officiant booked.

DJ booked.

Photographer booked (e-pics done).

Bought THE dress.

Bought bridesmaids’ dresses.

Blocked the rooms.

Website completed.

STD’s have been sent.

Purchased my wedding band.

Booked hair & MUA

Still have a lot to do! Yell

Post # 12
128 posts
Blushing bee

Ladies what do ya’ll still have left to do? I feel like this thing is creeping up on me now and the stress is slowly starting to show.  I feel like I have so much left to do but it’s mostly a bunch of small things that add up.

Post # 13
207 posts
Helper bee

@kg1185:  I felt super stressed out a month ago about everything left to do, but I’m starting to relax more. I also have a bajillion small things to do and a few big-ish things, but we are handling them systematically. One thing at a time.

We’re using different checklists and charts to keep everything organized. It is stuck up in our pantry so we can easily reference to it. It helps to have something physical where you can actually check something off!!

Post # 14
496 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@kg1185:  I know how you feel!! A few days ago was the 4 month mark and I freaked out! 

We ordered our invitation a few days ago, so when they come in we’ll have to assemble them. We still have to get a lot of people’s mailing address as well. 

Instead of bubbles, we’re having people ring bells as they leave the church. These still have to be put together – bows tied and everything on them. 

We have to decide on the music we want for the day. All the specific songs. 

I need to find jewelry. 

Book hair & makeup. 

Those are the big things right now!

Post # 15
2490 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I just realized that I have way less to do than I thought! And there’s really not much that I can do right away, most of it already has a time scheduled. I’m feeling very organized and accomplished right now!

To do:
– Order flowers – have an appointment in August for this
– Favours – I’m making cake balls, so I just need to get the ingredients and actually make them, this will be in early November
– Have engagement party  (August)
– Get tie for ringbearer
– Get accesories, etc. to finish my look – I already got my shoes, so now I need to figure out if I need anything for my hair and pick out my earrings and bracelet, my Future Mother-In-Law is getting these for me on loan from her store
– Buy groom suit – he knows what he wants, he just has to go get it
– Order wedding bands – Future Mother-In-Law is getting these for us as our wedding present, we’re picking them out with her in September
– Pick music for ceremony
– Dress alterations – have an appointment on September 19th
– Hair & makeup trials
– Get marriage license – October
Make place cards & table numbers, and seating plan

Post # 16
128 posts
Blushing bee

I am glad I’m not the only one! I still have to: book someone for ceremony music, finish hotel gift baskets, order invitations, pick out tux’s, alterations (aug. 2), meet with officiant, meet with florist, get jewelry, set up hair and makeup trials, marriage license, order sparklers for exit, candles for tables,  Just ordered Fiance ring.  BUT, Fiance parents JUST switched our rehearsal dinner because they did not like the place we picked? So stressed out about it I dont even know where to begin.  I thought this was our wedding but they went behind our back and switched the restaurant and then asked us to cut down our list because the place is more expensive.  Talk about total breakdown over the weekend! Also, 2 different family members just asked to throw us a party so if everything else I am trying to do wasn’t enough I now have to make 2 more lists, come up with themes, etc.

The topic ‘November 2013 brides, what do you have left?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors