November 2013 Brides: When are you doing your bridal portraits?

posted 3 years ago in November 2013
Post # 3
1464 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m having mine taken in late August (early November wedding).

Post # 4
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I am not doing any. We are having first look instead and getting lots of pics out of the way ahead of the ceremony…it’ll calm our nerves some and we are “outta the box” people anyway…lol…

Post # 6
128 posts
Blushing bee

I have my bridals booked for October 3.  I wanted as close to fall and cooler weather as possible.

Post # 7
229 posts
Helper bee

Can anyone explain bridal portraits to me please? Clearly there is a huge culture difference in this regard…

Post # 8
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@blastkiss:  In the U.S., particularly in the South and Northeast, brides have bridla portraits taken a few weeks to a few months before the wedding.   Bridal portraits are professional photos taken of a bride in her dress, hair, and makeup.  A bridal portrait is usually displayed at the shower, rehearsal dinner, and/or wedding reception.  It cuts down on the time needed for photos taken on the wedding day because the individual bridal portraits have already been taken.

I am not doing bridal portraits because this is my second wedding and I felt it was a waste of time and money when I did them for my first wedding.  However, I did end up with a few gorgeous bridal pics so I can see where some brides are into it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors