November 2013 Wedding Colors

posted 1 year ago in November 2013
789 posts
Busy bee

@carolinatarheel:  I hear ya! I love the fall but not so crazy about fall colours.. and also don’t want to slide into winter/Christmas colours too early. I’m going with eggplant and charcoal – I’m going to add some lilac to the flowers and some silver accents for a bit of dimension.

Good luck!

2813 posts
Sugar bee

@carolinatarheel:  Do whatever you like! I really don’t like traditional fall colors either, so I had a vintage garden-themed outdoor wedding with touches of blush, gold, ivory, gray, champagne, and sage green. Everyone said it looked beautiful, and I think the color palette was soft enough that no one was thinking about what season it was. Here’s a couple photos to give you an idea:

Aaaaargh! Bridesmaid dress colours. :  wedding bridesmaids dress 320616 10151205205213409 1257828529 N

Aaaaargh! Bridesmaid dress colours. :  wedding bridesmaids dress 481587 10151205205203409 708873765 N

766 posts
Busy bee

@carolinatarheel:  my colors are definitely NOT fall colors, but we are getting married on the beach in Hawaii. I say WHO CARES if they are not fall colors?? Do what you want!

104 posts
Blushing bee

My colors aren’t fall colors either.  We are having a ‘final fantasy’ inspired wedding (no, we’re not dressing up in cosplay or anything, lol).  Just using it for inspiration and ideas so right now we’re looking at white, different shades of blue/purple, and silver.

374 posts
Helper bee

@Mrs. Wallaby:  Those are the exact colors I’m planning for my wedding!  I’m so glad to see it in real wedding pics.  It looks lovely together.  Great minds think alike! Wink

20 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married the first weekend of november, and our colors are going to be a nice deep blue contrasting against sunflowers/yellow.

1464 posts
Bumble bee

@Stargaze31:  Pretty!  We’re doing a similar color palette with Navy and Plum.

20 posts
Newbee

our colors  are black and white with red accents

103 posts
Blushing bee

We’re doing aquamarine and red.  I don’t think they’re “traditional” fall colors, but I don’t care.  His favorite color is red, and mine is blue, and I think they’re bright and fun.

39 posts
Newbee

I struggled with colors for awhile, because my favorite color is red and his is green, but we didn’t want it to be Christmasy. I also wanted an autumn-inspired color scheme, but no orange. I’m more a fan of leaves that turn deep red in the fall, rather than orange. We finally settled on adding purple to the mix to avoid the Christmas look. So, deep reds and purples, with pale green accents.

34 posts
Newbee

@corralynn:  That’s too funny- I’m getting married the same weekend and using very similar colors! I’m doing ivory, black, red, and purple.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.