Post # 1
Hi, bees! Im getting married on 9-11-13 and so far i have oranised/done:
- Reception venue booked and paid for
- Ceremony venue booked and deposit paid
- Reception decorator bokked and deposit paid
- Bouquets chossen booked and deposit paid
- Brides shoes (heels and flats) bought
- Bridesmaid dresses bought
- Celebrant booked and deposit paid
- Grooms suit booked and deposit paid
- Groomsmen suits booked and deposit paid
- Bride and Groom wedding rings bought
- Hair and makeup booked and deposit paid
- Engagment photoshoot done
- Save the Dates paid for and done
- Photographer booked and deposit paid for
What about you?
Post # 3
Hi! I am getting married on the same date, but sadly I Am not as far along as you! I’ve booked our venue and reception, purchased guest favors, I have photographer and entertainment interviews next week.
Post # 4
@recentlyengaged: Thats okay! it is along way away still!! and yay same date!
what did you get for favours??
Post # 5
December 2013, so similar length away.
- Reception venue booked and deposit paid
- Photographer & Videographer booked and deposit paid
- Wedding dress purchased
- Booked JoP
- Purchased custom aisle runner
- Wedding earrings
- Booked Pianist and chosen the song I’m walking down aisle to
- Purchased shoes
- Chosen Menu items
- Reserved our rooms
- Finished and paid for STD’s (not sending them till Dec 2012 though)
- Purchased Veil
- Purchased hairpiece thingy
Post # 6
@the_future_mrs: ohhh, i havent decided if i want a veil some of them that i have seen on here are just to die for though! and wow you bought your dress already? i have put mine on a payment plan which means im paying it off but can still change my mind and all money will go to a different dress. eeek
Post # 7
So far I have
- Hired my wedding planner
- Purchased and received my dress
- Bought all my wedding day jewelry
- Bought my shoes and have started strassing them
- Booked and paid for our photographer
- Booked and paid for the florist
- Booked the ceremony/reception venue
- Booked the caterer
- Picked out linens and other rentals, such as chairs, charger plates, etc.
- Started on a few of my DIY projects like my bouquet, shoes, etc.
- Picked out favors
For now, all the major stuff is done, and the rest should be a breeze!
Post # 8
yay everyone is 9-11-13!!!
Post # 9
I’m 11/2/13. and I’ve been waiting (not so) patiently for my engagement ring. You guys are making me look bad!
Good luck planning 🙂
Post # 10
Wow, I feel behind…my wedding is also 11/2/13
So far I have
- Booked and put a deposit down for my reception venue
- Booked and put a deposit down for my ceremony site
- Booked my photographer (and paid the deposit)
- Booked my DJ (and paid the deposit)
Lots left to do…honestly I thought moving on to other areas would be too soon but now I see that I am wrong. I want to figure out how I want my wedding to look, colors, decor.
Good luck everyone!
Post # 11
Wow! You all have done so much! However, I want to elope/have a private wedding, so I am not planning on doing anything until this Spring as far as getting a photographer, a dress, a mini wedding cake, and the like.
Post # 12
We’re planning a large wedding but haven’t done much. We’ve researched a bunch of vendors, but so far have only booked our Ceremony and Reception sites. Fiance and I plan on deciding on a photographer over the next couple of weeks, then we’ll do engagement photos in November (we thought it would be nice to do them about 1 year before our wedding). Oh and I’m going dress shopping October 6. We’re not super picky about a lot of other details (cake, dj etc). It was more important to get the venues we want. In our area too we’ll be fine to start booking everything else a few months out. We have this wedding show every January that’s geared towards summer brides so we’ll be going to that and picking out most of our other vendors then.
Post # 13
You are all so ahead, which is great, because I think I need the motivation to get started. My wedding got postponed to November 2013 so we could accomodate some guests we really want there. Eversince I realized we would have to postpone it, I’ve been slacking and now am finally back on here getting ideas, etc. The good thing is the extra time has given me the opportunity to look at more venues, check out more photographers, etc. I was kind of just going to settle for whatever and whomever that was available but now I get to check everything out and really get what I want… So far, I’ve only done these:-
1. Bought my dress (I’m vain – what can I say? Trying on dresses was the FIRST thing I did when I got engaged)
2. Bought both Fiance and my wedding bands
3. Started looking at Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts
4. Will be interviewing photographers, florists and DJs, and checking out some reception venues in a few weeks!
So, WAY behind you girls!
Post # 14
I just got engaged this last weeked and I am thinking about the Nov 2013 to!
Post # 15
@FutureMrsRoos: Congratulations!!!! And welcome to the November 2013 group!!!! 🙂 Now you get to dress-shop and do all the fun planning stuff!!! 🙂
Post # 16
I am a 3 November 2013 bride!
So far I have bookd a venue and photographer!
But we are in the midst of searching for a band and have a short list, and we have a meeting booked with a celebrant.