(Closed) November 2013 what have you done so far??

posted 6 years ago in November 2013
Post # 3
25 posts
  • Wedding: November 2013

Hi! I am getting married on the same date, but sadly I Am not as far along as you! I’ve booked our venue and reception, purchased guest favors, I have photographer and entertainment interviews next week.

Post # 5
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

December 2013, so similar length away.

I have:

• Reception venue booked and deposit paid
  • Photographer & Videographer booked and deposit paid
  • Wedding dress purchased
  • Booked JoP
  • Purchased custom aisle runner
  • Wedding earrings
  • Booked Pianist and chosen the song I’m walking down aisle to
  • Purchased shoes
  • Chosen Menu items 
  • Reserved our rooms
  • Finished and paid for STD’s (not sending them till Dec 2012 though)
  • Purchased Veil
  • Purchased hairpiece thingy

Post # 7
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

So far I have

• Hired my wedding planner
  • Purchased and received my dress
  • Bought all my wedding day jewelry
  • Bought my shoes and have started strassing them
  • Booked and paid for our photographer
  • Booked and paid for the florist
  • Booked the ceremony/reception venue
  • Booked the caterer
  • Picked out linens and other rentals, such as chairs, charger plates, etc.
  • Started on a few of my DIY projects like my bouquet, shoes, etc.
  • Picked out favors

For now, all the major stuff is done, and the rest should be a breeze! 

Post # 9
530 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m 11/2/13. and I’ve been waiting (not so) patiently for my engagement ring. You guys are making me look bad!

Good luck planning 🙂

Post # 10
64 posts
Worker bee

Wow, I feel behind…my wedding is also 11/2/13

So far I have

• Booked and put a deposit down for my reception venue
  • Booked and put a deposit down for my ceremony site
  • Booked my photographer (and paid the deposit)
  • Booked my DJ (and paid the deposit)

Lots left to do…honestly I thought moving on to other areas would be too soon but now I see that I am wrong. I want to figure out how I want my wedding to look, colors, decor.

Good luck everyone!

Post # 11
556 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Wow! You all have done so much! However, I want to elope/have a private wedding, so I am not planning on doing anything until this Spring as far as getting a photographer, a dress, a mini wedding cake, and the like.

Post # 12
1115 posts
Bumble bee

We’re planning a large wedding but haven’t done much. We’ve researched a bunch of vendors, but so far have only booked our Ceremony and Reception sites. Fiance and I plan on deciding on a photographer over the next couple of weeks, then we’ll do engagement photos in November (we thought it would be nice to do them about 1 year before our wedding). Oh and I’m going dress shopping October 6. We’re not super picky about a lot of other details (cake, dj etc). It was more important to get the venues we want. In our area too we’ll be fine to start booking everything else a few months out. We have this wedding show every January that’s geared towards summer brides so we’ll be going to that and picking out most of our other vendors then.

Post # 13
609 posts
Busy bee

You are all so ahead, which is great, because I think I need the motivation to get started. My wedding got postponed to November 2013 so we could accomodate some guests we really want there. Eversince I realized we would have to postpone it, I’ve been slacking and now am finally back on here getting ideas, etc. The good thing is the extra time has given me the opportunity to look at more venues, check out more photographers, etc. I was kind of just going to settle for whatever and whomever that was available but now I get to check everything out and really get what I want… So far, I’ve only done these:-

1. Bought my dress (I’m vain – what can I say? Trying on dresses was the FIRST thing I did when I got engaged)

2. Bought both Fiance and my wedding bands

3. Started looking at Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts

4. Will be interviewing photographers, florists and DJs, and checking out some reception venues in a few weeks!

So, WAY behind you girls!

Post # 14
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I just got engaged this last weeked and I am thinking about the Nov 2013 to! 

Post # 15
609 posts
Busy bee

@FutureMrsRoos:  Congratulations!!!! And welcome to the November 2013 group!!!! 🙂 Now you get to dress-shop and do all the fun planning stuff!!! 🙂

Post # 16
1278 posts
Bumble bee

I am a 3 November 2013 bride!

So far I have bookd a venue and photographer! 

But we are in the midst of searching for a band and have a short list, and we have a meeting booked with a celebrant. 

The topic ‘November 2013 what have you done so far??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors