November 2014 Brides – How are you doing?

posted 2 years ago in November 2014
  • poll: How are you coming along for your November wedding?
    Done - Have it all done and just waiting for it to be here : (2 votes)
    6 %
    Have most of it done but trying to wrap up loose ends : (22 votes)
    61 %
    About 50/50 done : (8 votes)
    22 %
    Need to kick my butt in gear - not much done with 4 months to go : (4 votes)
    11 %
    Nothing - Someone else is doing the work and paying for it while I sit back and enjoy the engagement : (0 votes)
  • Post # 2
    88 posts
    Worker bee

I think I have most things accomplished except little things.  I guess invitations will go out maybe 1st week of September?  I haven’t done anything for the wedding in several weeks, besides read the bee 🙂

Post # 3
    318 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

I’m pretty much done with all the big stuff, now just doing the little things like getting bridesmaids gifts, finishing up invitations, need to book my hair trial and dress fittings. FH is picking out the music (which im slighty terrified!) small things really. I figure it is going to be really crazy once we have a month left and have to do seating charts which  am in no way looking forward to. and packing for the honey moon!! So much goes into a weeding!!

Post # 4
    470 posts
    Helper bee

Four months today for me! Done with most the big stuff, just need to phrchase the dress that I think I’ve picked and buy rings! 🙂 

Post # 5
    332 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: Davis Island Garden Club

I’m about 4 months and 1 week out – eek! All the big stuff is done, just have the little details to work on. I’m stressing a bit as I look at the calendar because it is filling up fast and since most of my wedding projects have to happen on the weekends I feel like I don’t have much time. My shower invitations went out yesterday and wedding invitations go out at the end of August. I’m just trying to get as much done before October as possible song don’t have to stress too much at the last minute.   

Post # 6
    1826 posts
    Buzzing bee

11/15 destination wedding in Las Vegas! All the imminent stuff is done or booked. I have to finish my worksheets given to me by the venue by the end of September. I scheduled my first dress fitting for Sept 6. I need to talk to my friend who is going to be doing my hair and see when he can get me in for a trim and to start trying some styles, but that probably won’t be until September as well. I need to start narrowing down the look I want for my day in terms of nail polish, makeup, jewelry, etc.

My DIY invitations are all sealed up and stamped, just waiting until either next weekend or the weekend after to send them out.

Beyond that, I will have to print up and assemble programs, menus, place cards and table numbers sometime before the wedding and also figure out if we want to suitecase them or ship them out there. My menu selections aren’t due until 2 weeks before the wedding, so I don’t want to jump the gun in case something changes (restaurant reception venue).

Post # 7
    18 posts
    Newbee

sharksgrl99:  Hello everyone… I’m pretty late joining the wedding forums… especially because I have only 3 months and 28 days until I say I do lol.  But I have been working on our wedding since he proposed lol… anyway, hope to make some new friends on here!

Post # 8
    553 posts
    Busy bee

sharksgrl99:  I have alot done. Nov 8 wedding here!! As you put it, “tying up the loose ends” <br />We have our food tasting July 29th, we will be ordering invites soon after that. (hopefully) planning on sending them out in the beginning of Sept. and will await replies the first week in October. I figure, if I put an “earlier” reply date, I will still be ok if people send RSVP’s late. 

I would hate to put an RSVP date too close to Nov. 8 and have RSVP’s coming in the mail a week before the day, ya know? Maybe its just my brain that thinks like that….but its my plan.

Post # 9
    705 posts
    Busy bee

I think I aM doing good but I also want to start to panic a little. Lol. I sent out my invites already because I’m having a DW wedding and wanted people to have plenty of time. My dress fitting is next month I can’t wait. I got all my jewelry all set I just need to find stuff for my bridesmaids. I having a hard time picking out stuff for them. also pay for my wedding is the major stress but I think it’s all small stuff now. 😐 

Post # 10
    318 posts
    Helper bee

DisneyKb:  Panic is right! 

Im doing a spredsheet for all the things I have to take with me so I dont forget them and I realize I still need quite a few things left! The little details add up and are expencive!! The cake knives, glasses, programs, menues, vows, fittings, food tastings, etc, etc! Crazy! @.@

Post # 11
    705 posts
    Busy bee

znowbird22:  I keep trying to makes lots of lists also. I can’t stop thinking about my wedding. Lol. 

Post # 12
    49 posts
    Newbee

Still have a lot to do.  Invites finally ordered. Seems like the month or 6 weeks before the wedding will be stressful.  Enjoying the lull while I can.  Still need to finalize menu,  do favors, book honeymoon,  address invites, seating chart,  gifts for bridal party,  finalize cake,  pick out music…wow writing this all down is stressful. ..time for more wine…

Post # 14
    81 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: Frangipani Function room

sharksgrl99: Have booked everything and just paying it all off slowly before the big day. Having trouble with deciding on games for the reception… and thinking that I’ll just have to buy my jewelery from the bridal store which I purchased my dress from because I cannot seem to match any cheaper jewelery with the jewels on the dress so there’s another few hundred. I have to wait till October 14! until my dress arrives… 🙁 not many of our guests like to dance and we have an amazing dj planned. Our invites… mmm about half now have been sent. Mostly stressed because I may have just ordered two bridesmaid dresses and one that’s just arrived dose not match the first one. If the next bridesmaid dress arrives and doesn’t match then I may have to look at entirely new dresses for my girls… and they don’t come cheap… so it could very well throw a spanner in the works. I plan on ordering flower girl tutu dresses from etsy about 2 months before the wedding which is 29th of Nov. Trying to stay positive… 

Post # 15
    1583 posts
    Bumble bee

We’re doing pretty well. Invitations are being addressed and almost done. Got on my FI’s back about finally booking the DJ so that’s finally done. Have to get bridal party gifts, rings (picked out but have to purchase), make table numbers, and book transportation. I’m trying to find an antique vehicle which is proving difficult. Other than that its mostly logistics. I have a plan for the day but it will need to be tweaked as time goes on in consultation with my vendors. Trying to nail down a day for the shower with my bridesmaids but our schedules are brutal.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors