November 2017 brides! What do you have done?

posted 6 months ago in November 2017
Post # 2
9 posts
Newbee

I’m hoping to be a November 2017 bride– that’s the month we are aiming for. I plan on talking with the venue this week or next to confirm a date. 🙂

Post # 3
575 posts
Busy bee

November 2017 bride here! I’ve been waiting for my fellow November 2017 bees to start buzzing (lol so bad I had to also) more on here.

I’ve had a lot of down time (became engaged after completing grad school while studying for licensing exams/beginning my summer break) and I also like to be prepared for anything WAY in advanced so we’ve got A LOT done. I’m also in the NYC area and I know a lot of things get booked in advance for all different events, PLUS everyone is $$$ and so I’ve taken time to try and find the more fairly priced vendors/etc. in as many things as we could. *Pauses for a deep breath*

Venue picked – in JUNE/JULY they had most weekends through the fall booked. Almost went with the last week of October but by the time I arranged for my parents to come with FI and I to check out the space, it was booked. Now we are “regular season” instead of “peak” which saved $1K.

Rabbi – Found through a recommendation from a Rabbi I met in another state after becoming engaged! I also found him through my own research and through recommendations on here. We are having an interfaith wedding and finding a Rabbi who would WANT to marry us and share our values of having everyone feel included and respected was very important.

DJ – Recommended from the venue, they have a list of recommended vendors and it was very helpful in narrowing down the thousands of options out there.

Photographer – One of the details my FI chose (and I agreed with) was having someone he knows fly out to shoot our wedding. He’s worked with her many times in the past and for the style/quality we want, combined with flying her out, she is WELL under the cost some photographers quoted us. And my FI will be comfortable with her, which is very important to me.

Videographer – Wasn’t really sure we wanted one, decided to just have a camera for the ceremony and then changed our minds. Found an awesome videographer, again, priced lower than a lot of NYC vendors. He made a funny comment that I was ahead of the game when I told him our wedding date. Yeah I don’t mess around!

Dress – Ordered in early October and eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Wedding Website – Completed, I made it in WIX

Save the Dates – Done, made in Vista Print (100 with envelopes for about $50ish with a new customer discount) We have family from around the US and friends who travel for work a lot and we want them to block the date off or start saving to travel to NYC.

Bridal Party – Picked, we each made boxes with some little treats and small things for each person. I’ve told my friends/family in my party that I’m letting them pick any dress they want that is within the berry/purple range, it should be semi formal, knee to ankle length. They’ve got lots of time to eye dresses and hopefully even get something on sale over the summer!

Things still left:

Caterer – Narrowed to 2, but we are pretty set on working with one of them. Waiting for them to get back to us after I wrote to ask some follow up questions, since they’re pretty busy with weddings now.

Florist – Have a few options, met with one, been planning a meeting with another who I’ve known about since living in the area for a few years. That’s next week, VERY EXCITED!!!

Those are the major things. PLEASE DO NOT THINK YOU ARE BEHIND BY LOOKING AT MY LIST.  I KNOW I AM WELL AHEAD AND A BIT CUCKOO FOR COCOA PUFFS. 

Post # 6
575 posts
Busy bee

tealeaf23 :  Thank you! I also am going to be working in a field where “leaving early” or taking a half day isn’t really an option, so I figured it would be better to meet with everyone I could before I start work. Plus my FI also travels for work a lot or works in the evenings so we’re more limited in times to meet with people/do things. 

I remember watching Scrubs, when Elliot said she would reserve a wedding venue with a date every year, just waiting. While I DON’T think anyone does that (how could you afford to?) I do know that a lot of people get engaged and wait for a 1-2 or + years so it could probably be partly for that reason.

My venue is also used a lot for TV, film, photoshoots, etc. but it offers an outside space and I think a lot of people want to use it, and therefore want to use it in 5-6 months of the year and there are only so many weekends!

Post # 7
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

Venue-done

photographer-done

Dj-done

Church-done

now it’s just the little things in between 

Post # 8
9 posts
Newbee

tealeaf23 :  Thank you! Hopefully I’ll be able to report back soon with an update for November 2017!

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m a November 2017 bride.

Venue, venue dressers, DJ, caterers, florist, cake, photographer booked

Hotel rooms block booked. 

Got my dress, Maggie Sottero Emma, which I love! 

Provisional booking in place for the registrar.

Save the dates went out last month.

Not much left to do!

Post # 10
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2017

Absolutlely nothing! We are having a super small intimate wedding so there won’t be much to do. 

Post # 11
58 posts
Worker bee

November 11!

We live in the Chicago area, getting married in my home city, San Antonio Tx. 

Venue-done

photographer- done

videographer- done

food- spoke to a few caterers. Going for a tasting in december

dress- might be done. I have one dress that I bought off the rack but I’m going dress shopping next month to see if there’s anything else I want. 

Post # 14
575 posts
Busy bee

tealeaf23 :  Yeah! I do feel that I have done a lot, I was expecting more brides to not be as far along, thinking I was even “moving faster” than “the timeline” detailed. I was kind of thinking that reading responses would remind me to “slow down” also. So now…I see that I’m not moving too fast? I don’t want to put judgement on myself or others though, not saying anyone is
“better” or “behind” as good or bad. I have no idea if I’m making sense right now.

I know that with certain details, I need to sit and wait on them. Nothing more can really happen until we get closer to the date. Things like scheduling a hair and makeup trial, waiting for my friends to pick their dresses, my FI picking his suit, deciding on a place for the grooms to buy/rent their suits, invitations, bridal shower planning, and so on, and so on…

Doesn’t mean I can’t reasearch or make Pintrest boards. But I just need to remind myself that I don’t need to put all of myself in to this now. I worry that even if I sort all this out, I will still find a million details to think about or worry about. I guess that’s where my anxiety comes in to play, so I need to just work on pouring more time in to other things.

Thanks to anyone reading my ramblings!

Post # 15
9 posts
Newbee

Update: We have a date and venue booked– November 11, 2017!!!  11/11 <3

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors