Post # 1
Hey Bees! I can’t believe how close the wedding is! I have been really good about staying on top of everything but a few things have slipped through the cracks for me (and I don’t mean the tasks, like the seating chart, that can’t be completed until all the RSVPs are in.)
I am still undecided on the veil/no veil/which veil/other hairpiece thing… Oops. Ugh.
Have you dropped the ball on anything? I doubt I’m alone on this one!
Post # 3
Our DJ is driving me insane! We need to meet with him and haven’t yet. He has been paid 75% and is a friend of the family so I know he will be there but I haven’t heard back from him after 3 emails and a facebook message and I’m about ready to cry over it. I know we have time (40 days eek!) but he is stressing me out!
other than that, I need to plan out the decorations for the arbor we are using at the ceremony site and we need to meet with our officiant, do seating chart and I’m doing my hair trial next week. So far so good, if the darn DJ would just call me!!!!!!
Post # 4
I don’t have anyone to do my hair and I need to find a place that can press my dress for me. Other than that I just have a million DIY projects hanging.
Post # 5
I have the programs to format, exchange my veil for the longer chapel one that I truly want, have my alterations fitting this week and final fitting in 4 weeks, engagement pictures, and send everyone the last of the vendor pre-payments. We have the last few of our premarital counseling sessions with our pastor, practice our fisherman’s knot for our ceremony, and I still have to do the few DIY projects I have left. Oh – and keep an eye out on liquor sales to finish up our bar supplies.
Other than that, pretty much done. Of course, I’m terrified that I’m forgetting to take care of something. The nightmares have returned – dreams where I’m at the wedding and FI points out something major that I missed – like hiring a caterer or a photographer. I hate those dreams.
Mainly I just want the day to get here so I can marry my best friend.
Post # 6
I’m going to make you all feel better… I don’t even have my dress!!! I’ve had such problems. I eventually bought my own lace and posted to the woman with the 2nd dress attempt. I’m totally screwed if this third dress comes back wrong. Seriously threatening jeans and t-shirt!!
Also a few DIY projects. Candle holders, flowers (ribbon).
Have to lock in menu (which isn’t a big deal as its at home, self catered)
Post # 7
@Mrs Hoot, Oh boy, I hope your dress works out!
Post # 8
I still have much to do, but the list is getting shorter, thankfully. We’re sending invitations this week (suttin git close) but we just got them printed up yesterday and I am assembling them tonight. I cut my invitation guest list so I am super happy about that (less invites to send).
Also, need to do a few little things: personalize cake server, order cake topper and flutes which mil is doing for me. This weekend we’ll meet with the transportation compnay to lock them in and then next month we’ll meet with our officiant. So excited but this month has been so busy I am so exhausted.
Post # 9
- Dress fitting (and bachelorette party!) this weekend
- Bridal shower in a few weeks
- Hair trial in a few weeks
- Final meetings with DOC, photographer, venue in next few weeks
- Escort cards and place cards (and figuring out the seating plan), after the rest of the RSVPs come in
- Card box (no idea what this will be)
- Make CD of music to be played before and during ceremony
- Gifts for parents, shower hostess
- Baskets (or something?) for programs and favors
- Final headcounts and payments to various vendors
- OOT bags
- A few more DIY decor items
Also terrified that I’ll realize I’m forgetting some huge aspect… it’s getting so close! I’m so excited to call FI my husband!
Post # 10
I just read all of these posts & started to get so nervous/excited for my wedding again! I feel like I have a lot to do in the next 52 days!
- two out of four bridesmaids are still waiting for their dresses to arrive
- we haven’t met with our officiant at all; he’s a friend so it’s not a big deal but I’m still a little freaked out
- write our ceremony; we have to wait until we meet with our officiant
- decide on all music, both ceremony & reception (I don’t want to do this at all; it’s just so overwhelming)
- groom & groomsmen attire; this is irrantionally freaking me out because I’m leaving it up to FI! I know he will do a good job, I just wish he was home so he could make a decision
- my engagement ring still needs to be appraised & insured (I know!!!!!)
- I’m still undecide on my makeup artist; I looked into airbrush today because I have huge pores & i would love if they could be covered and my mac-makeup artist couldn’t get the job done with her products
- I don’t know if I’m having a bachelorette party, but I know for sure I’m not having a shower (all my family is out of state)
- Meet with my photographer to look at the venue & set a timeline
- Meet with my DOC to go over timeline (we’re not doing this until the rehearsal which makes me nervous!)
- Parent gifts; no idea what we’re getting them
- MOH gift; I’m trying to find nice earings that she will wear again
- Seating chart, escort cards, & place cards; waiting on RSVPs
- I’m supposed to buy pillars for the hurricane lamps that will be on either side of us during the ceremony and I keep putting it off
- Send all final payments to vendors; I keep having nightmares that I forget to do this & then no one shows up, no flowes, no cake, no DJ; I’m thinking about paying everyone early!
I really thought I was on top of things, but that list is really long! Good luck ladies!
Post # 11
@jmr: WOO 11/17! 50 DAYS AWAY! 😀
-Get the groomsmen fitted
-Pay for everything!
-Go to final fitting
-Check on progress of wedding bands
-Go to honey do shower (my shower was last weekend! See lots of pics here: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/themed-bridal-shower-recap-pics-of-course)
-Finish 2000 DIY projects, including hot chocolate favors, second line hankies, centerpieces, etc.
-Design the background for the photostrips as well as the touchscreen interfaces for photobooth
-MAKE PLAYLIST FOR RECEPTION!
-Order fondant pearls for cake
-Find parents gifts
BUT RECENTLY I DID make bathroom baskets and my painted parasol for the second line!
Post # 12
We need to finalize our dinner menu, finace needs to get his tux figured out, I need to purchase the last of my makeup, figure out how I am going to get all my things to Las Vegas, I need to keep practicing on my hair, pay the balance of our venue and pay the rest of our flower balance. Honestly not that much left!
Post # 13
Favor bags, hotel bags, and seating chart escort cards. All little things. Eek.
Post # 14
@LizLemon: Hoooo boy, that is my date too! 50 days away?!?! I should not read these month twin posts, lol, I am wayyy behind all you ladies, eek!
Post # 15
I’ve had my dress hanging in my closet for about 3 months now. It fit perfect and I had it hanging, just waiting. I knew I’d lost a few pounds so i tried it on yesterday. It was WAY to big *cry* I guess the few pounds I had lost made a huge difference in the fit of the dress. Needless to say I called yesterday afternoon and was able to get in last night for a fitting (my MOH was picking up her dress from alterations so i tagged into her appt) and thank god because the seamstress is going on vacation for 2 weeks!!! My dress pickup is scheduled for Oct 24. I hated leaving my dress 🙁
We were able to work everything out with our DJ so thats all good now!
My 2 sons need to go get refitted for their tuxes. My 12 year old has feet that are growing faster that you can imagine.
finishing up seating charts and escort cards
Post # 16
This month flew by. Still need to:
– get jewelry
-2 out of 6 bridesmiads are still waiting on dresses and need to order shoes
– start escort cards- adding a leaf to identify meal choice
– buy a CD for music during the ceremony
– order favors
– finish playlist for DJ