(Closed) Now down to 13 days and still 169 haven't RSVP'd!!

posted 5 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2335 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Wow, I feel for you OP!  That’s pretty crazy.  If you can handle it, I suggest contacting all of the missing RSVP’s and saying “since I haven’t heard from you by now, I’m going to mark you as not attending.  I hope to see you at the next (whatever) get together.”  You definitely need to give final #’s to rentals and catering and you can’t have all of those possible guests showing up.

Post # 4
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Wow.

Some people have no class, wth do they expect?  At this point it is crunch time, you have got to do what PP mentioned, order extra food, or only order enough food for the guests who rsvp’d.  Maybe assign seating for the guests who RSVPd, and those will be the only ones eating.  Everyone else can either go home, or stand.

Post # 5
12833 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Wow, that’s really, really terrible.  I’d be tempted to change the venue and only tell the people who RSVPed, if it didn’t mean losing deposits.  Ugh.  Do your family/friends do this a lot?  Have there been other weddings with the same people that you could ask the bride how the responses looked for that wedding?

I’m so sorry you’re going through this!

Post # 6
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

that’s crazy.  when was your rsvp deadline?  how many guests?  i only had to contact a few missing rsvp’s but i knew they were coming.

some people just don’t get it.  my brother is really bad for this.  i already knew he was coming.  so just check mark the damn thing and drop it in the mail.  a couple of years ago, my cousin had a the same issue with my brother.

Post # 7
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’d say if they don’t RSVP consider them a NO!  That’s so rude and I know how frustrating it is my family doesn’t always RSVP either and usually it isn’t a huge deal if its just a BBQ or family dinner but this is a wedding….so annoying.  Sorry you have to deal with that.

Post # 8
3886 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Out of curiosity, OP, how big is the overall guest list?

Post # 9
2117 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

oh my goodness! :S

Post # 10
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Yikes, that’s awful. I agree about letting those ones know “we will miss you there” to hopefully take the hint that they better not show up unexpectedly. 

Post # 12
488 posts
Helper bee

Wow…. I would be beyond stressed if I were you.  Hang in there, and if I were you, I would assign someone to continue to contact these people so you don’t have to deal with it. 

Sending hugs your way!

Post # 13
1217 posts
Bumble bee

I am so so so sorry. Hang in there girl!!!

Post # 14
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@mrsjjohnson2b:  Wow that is a lot!! They better not go to your wedding. I know I would be pissed off!

Post # 15
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@mrsjjohnson2b:  I am WEAK over some of the responses you got back!! You need to put someone at the door with a clipboard all official and not let all those people in. If you aren’t prepared for them, which is totally their fault, it will cause chaos and ruin your day/mood!!

Post # 16
3302 posts
Sugar bee

Wow, just nuts!

The topic ‘Now down to 13 days and still 169 haven't RSVP'd!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors