- 8 years ago
- Wedding: October 2010
I think I’ve gone crazy. Just yesterday we found a nice caterer in our area (we haven’t contacted them yet because they’re closed for the holidays) and a nice venue that’s in cahoots with the caterer. But after getting a reply (from a random person on a random legal matters board) saying we don’t need to apply for a fiance visa afterall, I found this: http://www.haikugardens.com/
… and now I’m about to wake up the poor Fi and say how I want to change all plans and have a wedding with just the two of us afterall. Come to think of it, it really works for us – there’ll be no mess with deciding who to invite since most of my friends back home are having a rough time right now anyway; I won’t have to worry about my Mom wanting to stay here for 3-weeks expecting a vacation during our wedding (she’ll likely be by herself so that would mean I’ll feel pressured to show her around everywhere). We won’t have to worry about his parents wanting to visit my hometown and doing the same thing there. The worst case scenerio would have been 2 ceremonies in both my hometown and Sweden, but after talk of my Mom saying how nice it would be to come here for 2-weeks and then we can ALL go back together(!!!!) I pretty much nipped that idea in the bud before it got any further! We won’t have to worry about super high venue costs in relation to guests – we were only thinking of inviting immediate family so it would be 10 people, thats including ourselves!
Right now I’m seriously thinking about sacrificing our wedding date! That would be the only way to keep things secret until then. This would mean pushing our wedding a few months ahead!
OKOKOK, now so The Pros:
- We can save money on an extra flight out since we can have our honeymoon there also.
- It’ll just be us and we don’t have to feel bad about making it inconvenient for anyone who can’t come since no one will be there but us! They can all get a CD of it all – no one will be left out!
- I’ve kind of always wanted a very private ceremony in Hawaii.
- Stressing that customs won’t harrass the Fi!
- Not being able to handle our wedding license until we get there.
- If they lose my luggage, they lose my wedding dress!
- Changing our wedding date (which I don’t mind too much).
Whew! After wrtiting all of that I’m still interested but maybe in a day or two reality will kick in. IDK, it still sounds really nice! Especially since we don’t need a special visa!
What do you think? Am I crazy? Nothing is booked yet so if we were to decide on something new, this would be the time to do it.