NSV – just pulled a 100kg (225lbs) deadlift! Bodyweight 125lbs

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 5
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@OrchidsandCandles:  Fantastic! I’m a bit stalled at 80kg (for reps) at the moment. Can’t quite work out why!

Post # 7
4998 posts
Honey bee

@OrchidsandCandles:  I think my issue has been that I’m still doing StrongLifts so squat and deadlift on the same day, and my squats are in the 80kg range so by the time I hit deadlift I’m pretty fried. I’m going to switch to 5/3/1 soon and see if that helps. 

Which accessory lifts are you doing?

Post # 9
3756 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

pardon my ignorance, but do you include the weight of the bar in that total or is it just the plates?

Post # 10
4998 posts
Honey bee

@jny1179:  Yes, it’s the total weight of the bar and the plates.

Post # 12
7664 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

You hench ****er!

(That’s a compliment, BTW).

Post # 13
4998 posts
Honey bee

@OrchidsandCandles:  I had a form issue with bench (couldn’t get my back right) and got stuck for ages with 52.5kg as my max even though my working weight was up to 50kg, but managed to smash through to 55kg after a workout yesterday so I’m hopeful that I can get 1xBW before the end of the year (currently 61.2kg, but should be able to get 60kg at 60kg in December, I think). Watching a lot of very foul-mouthed Dave Tate videos helped!

Ach, I’ll stick with StrongLifts until my squats stop making progress and then switch to 5/3/1 to bring my deadlift back up to scale. 

What was the unevenness with squats?

Post # 16
4998 posts
Honey bee

@OrchidsandCandles:  I was stuck for the 1RM for six months, but my working weight just kept flying up, so it was more than a little weird. I’d like to see what my actual 1RM (fresh rather than straight after a workout) is now that I think I’ve sorted my form issues. 

I’m ever so slightly jealous of you having a partner who’s actually helpful with lifting. Mine lifts with me but he’s not much help for form issues as he knows less than I do. 🙁

Are you planning to compete or just lifting for fun? With a deadlift like yours, you’d probably do well. 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors