- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
My husband is leaving for deployment in August. This is a really lonely time and my brother offered to visit me in October. He decided to have my mom com along as well. I offered to pay for half their ticket. I would pay one way and they would pay the other. My mom is totally on board about this and is planning on saving up. My brother lives on his own and my mom lives with her husband and kids. She said that she would save up to get her half of the ticket but I know with a family that is hard and the longer it goes on,the more expensive it might be to fly here. Tickets coming here are really expensive.
My brother and I agreed later to split the cost of her whole ticket if it got harder for her. I recently found a really good deal on a round-trip and so I want to get it for my mom while still paying for my brother’s one way. I can’t afford to pay for both of their round-trips. The really big issue is that my brother is thinking of signing up for the military and he told me he might not be here in October to visit me. My mom is still on board. I am fine with that and proud of his decision BUT I am a little wary…if I pay for his one-way and he doesn’t go I am basically screwed out of money. I want to buy my mom’s ticket on Feb 15th (I would have enough saved then) but I really don’t want to buy his ticket if he isn’t even sure of coming.
I also don’t want to wait too long to pay for his ticket because it will get really expensive and I think its unfair that while he is waiting to make a decision of coming here or not that I might have to pay a lot.What should I do?
I was thinking of giving him a deadline of up to April to make this decision. There are things my husband and I want to do together before he leaves and so I want to stay saving for that.