(Closed) NWR-FUMMING- Brothers Girlfriend & Birthdays {vent}

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@.twist.: I don’t know what to say other than I’m sorry and that sucks.

What do your parent’s think of it? Are they invited to this celebration?

Post # 4
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

woah! woah woah woah! she crossed the damn line! that’s all i got!

((hugs)) and happy early birthday!

Post # 5
5165 posts
Bee Keeper

lol i love your warning! Besides this, would it be possible to still do dinner with Fiance on your bday and then the family thing on the weekend? This way you get to have the tradition still?

Post # 6
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’d politely decline the invitation and tell her that you will be celebrating your birthday with your fiance on your birthday, and that you and your parents will likely celebrate separately on a different day.

Post # 8
6825 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Personally I would just decline the invite and let it be at that.  If anything is said say its because you have your b day dinner with your Fi

Post # 10
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I love  @7SEVENJ9: suggestion.

Post # 12
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Honestly, I would decline the invite and go out with my Fiance as planned. Don’t make a scene or say anything to your brother about it. Just go an enjoy your night and have a fabulous time. She wants you to make a big deal out of it so don’t give her the satisfaction. If she tries to call you out for declining, remind her of the family tradition that has always been in place and leave it like that. She will end up looking even more like a fool. 

Post # 14
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@.twist.: I think your plan is great straight forward and to the point… He cant be hurt that you already have plans on YOUR birthday….

Post # 15
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Yeah at first I was like maybe it’s the weekend?  But that makes no sense if your birthday is a Thursday.

She’s just being a drama queen. And a bitch. Ignore, be the bigger person, enjoy dinner with your Fiance, and yeah I think that idea of calling your bro and being casual about it is good.

It’s like with not giving into drama online trolls….don’t feed her drama, or it will make it worse.

The topic ‘NWR-FUMMING- Brothers Girlfriend & Birthdays {vent}’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors