(Closed) NWR – If you had $500

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 3
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Since it is July and I start my Christmas shopping early- I would take that money and get my shopping done!  (Also since I am due December 22nd- it is probably a good idea to get the shopping done sooner rather than later!)  I also am so tempted to just do a giftcard Christmas for everyone.  It would be much easier!

Post # 4
3482 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

A hell of a lot of Delica beads, a bunch of cute dresses I’ve been drooling over recently (I only have justification to buy one to wear to a friend’s upcoming wedding), a new sewing machine, and yards and yards of fabric to play with and sew myself something pretty.

Post # 5
4824 posts
Honey bee

Oooh plane tickets home to visit my family for a week!

And I could really use new running sneakers as well.

and extra personal training sessions when my run out with whatever is leftover.

Post # 6
3943 posts
Honey bee

An Ipad, because the FI wants one sooo much. I want to surprise him with one so bad.

Post # 7
2190 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

lol I was going to write “pay off some debt” until I read the last bit ๐Ÿ™‚

okay…there’s quite a few things but these are the most recent wants

1. my wedding album

2. this:

it’s well over $500 but if I had the extra $500, I’d buy it.

3. An Ipad 2.

Of course, I’d have to choose between those thing if I did have $500 appear out of nowhere.

ETA: oh dang, I broke the rules with the wedding album.

Post # 7
2889 posts
Sugar bee

Oh I like the plane ticket idea, can I have a week off from work too? ๐Ÿ™‚

As far as things, I think I would buy a netbook and a Lily Pulitzer dress because i really want both right now.

Post # 8
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

ummmmmmmmmmmm…………………….all that’s coming to mind is wedding stuff?

ha. 

although my kindle wish list is growing larger by the day…..hmmm.

Post # 9
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Get my car detailed (I live in the city and have tons of dings, paint chips) and get laser hair removal (underarms and bikini area, :-D). I know they’re weird options, they are just two things I really want and just won’t pay for myself. 

Post # 10
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Option 1…Honestly, I’d probably treat myself to a total girl day. Hair, massage, nails,etc. The works… Lol.

Or option 2, buy some cute new scrubs. That part may sound responsible, but cute scrubs make me happy. I’d get a new tv, too.

Here’s a Samsung TV 32″ (since we already have our “manly” 60″ one, lol) on sale for 327.99

Post # 11
5096 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Plane tickets!! My oldest friend is having her baby shower in a month in NoCal and I can’t go. ๐Ÿ™

Post # 12
3624 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

haha, oh man. there are so many responsible things I could do with $500.00!!! My house needs so much work!

But, for my pure entertainment? I would buy:

MAC Make-up Brush Set: $50.00

Then I’d probably blow the rest on cute clothes that will finally get me some sort of “style” which I greatly lack at the moment.

Post # 13
2873 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

A new dining room table

Post # 13
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’d either invest it or put it in a high-yield savings account for our down payment or furniture/room redos of a new condo/house. I really want a nice place to live way more than I want “stuff” these days!

Post # 14
4824 posts
Honey bee

@mightywombat: oh and my friend is having her wedding shower in a few weeks in NY. And I am in Norcal. Too bad we can’t switch spots! It would be way easier ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘NWR – If you had $500’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors