- 8 years ago
- Wedding: February 2011
Well the homebuyers’ credit has been extended and we can now get it as long as we close before June 30 (and sign a contract before May 1). FI and I were going to start looking next year anyways, but now that we have a “deadline” we decided to look a bit earlier. I just assumed we would buy a house, but someone suggested we look into a particular builder and we went to see a model tonight. Um…. I kind of love it! There are definite pros and cons to it… very briefly:
– GREAT school district, super popular suburb, close to the highway (convenient to everything)
– great floor plan with almost everything we want
– bigger than I “need” (2200 sq feet)
– easily within our price range
– We would have to sign a contract before December 15 which means we wouldn’t have much time to look at many other options
– It is 3 bedrooms but one bedroom is TINY (10×10)… will this suck for resale?
– The back of the property is along the highway (hence the awesome price in the awesome school district for the awesome house). There is a sound barrier and a row of pine trees but we went there at rush hour today and you could definitely hear the highway.
So my primary question for you home-owning bees is: How many houses did you look at before buying? Would it be totally crazy to buy the first place we look at if we can only look at maybe 5 or 6 other options before we had to make a decision?
Also if you feel like weighing in…. any thoughts on the 3rd bedroom problem or highway? Are we totally killing chance of resale in 10 years?