(Closed) NWR – This news story almost made me cry…. but now he’s free & rich :)

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

That’s so sad that he was in prison that long on a wrongful charge.  I’m glad that he got out to see his mother since she is older and may not be around too much longer.

Post # 4
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Ugh…that’s so sad! I’ glad he’s free

Seriously, how can you put a dollar amount for that amount of years of injustice….I don’t think 1.75million is enough!  I don’t know how he’s so positive..I feel I would be so full of hate if I were in that situation.  But of course, that wouldn’t help the situation.

I’m happy he’s free now!

Post # 5
4024 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

That is horrible!!! I am so happy that he is free now though, and just in time for the holidays! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
623 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Horrible story. But i’m happy that he doesn’t have to pay anymore for something he didn’t do. Now he and his family can start their lives over again…

Post # 7
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

It is so sad that things like this can happen…it makes me kind of angry! But good for him for having such a good attitude about it all. 35 years?!?!?! I would be raising heck. He’s a nicer person than me I guess.

Post # 9
286 posts
Helper bee

That is soooo sad…I am thankful for evidence and testing that we have in our world today. If we didn’t have it there would be many more people that have been wrongfully convicted….He is going to get a lot of money but that just don’t make up for the 35 years he has lost b/c the police department did not do their job…

Post # 10
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

That’s awful ๐Ÿ™ Story makes me tear up… It’s very sad that sometimes even today in our judicial system you are guilty until proven innocent.

eta they should count for inflation to make his million go further.

Post # 11
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

this is so sad. it makes you wonder how many people have spent their lives in jail for crime they didn’t commit. ๐Ÿ™  at least this man saw justice, but still.

Post # 12
50 posts
Worker bee

Yeah, I read this last week. Such a tragedy. It just proves how our legal system didn’t, and still doesn’t always work… Undecided

Post # 13
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Ugh stories like that make me sick to my stomach. There are so many injustices every day. For all the rules of evidence and laws meant to protect us… somehow these things still happen all the time. This is one reason I could never do criminal law… I just can’t be a part of the criminal justice system. 

Post # 14
5154 posts
Bee Keeper

That is so sad ๐Ÿ™ but I’m glad he is now free

The topic ‘NWR – This news story almost made me cry…. but now he’s free & rich :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors