Post # 1
I had an interview this afternoon and it was awesome! They were talking to me as if I was already hired. Which is always a plus! At the end of the interview she said they prefer interviewees to take some time to think about the job. If they want to move forward, I should give them a call back to let them know I want to be further considered for the job. Then they took me on a tour of the facility, yadda yadda. I then asked the guy if I had to wait until Friday (the time frame they gave me) to call back. He said no, but they just want everyone to consider the job, talk to their family, and then call back later.
Soooo, I know I want the job. I’ve thought about it… I’ve semi-discussed with with Darling Husband (but he’s busy today with work and class). When is it appropriate for me to call them and say yes! Note, it’s not a job offer… it’s just me telling them I want to be “further considered” for the job.
Ugh, I want to do it tomorrow afternoon! But I don’t want to look desperate. Should I wait until Wednesday? I’m definitely not waiting until Friday, as he sounded like he didn’t want me to wait that long either.
Post # 3
Congrats on a great interview.
I would call back tomorrow — that shows that you’ve taken the time to discuss it with your family, but that you’re also very excited about it and didn’t need to spend days listing out the pros and cons! I can’t stand games of any kind…if you know, you know.
Post # 4
I’d call back tomorrow too. It’ll show that you’re certain it’s something you want!
ETA: Good luck 🙂
Post # 5
@stillme: Thanks! I don’t like games either! That’s why I tried to hint that I wanted the job right then… but I can respect them wanting me to make the right decision, so at least taking a night to sleep on it.
@Running Elley: Great advice! Tomorrow it is 🙂
Post # 6
@kperry3: Wow, there must be somthing in the water, because I am having this same dilemma!
I had an awesome interview today also, the DON was a sweetheart and we talked for 45 minutes! She was already talking as if I was hired, and then said, ” I will most definately call you by the end of the week.”
I know you’re supposed to “follow up” after the interview and thank them for the opportunity and let them know that you are still interested, but I don’t know if I do it tomorrow if I will sound pushy?
Post # 7
I would call wednesday first thing in the AM or maybe tomorrow late afternoon.
Post # 8
I’d call after 1 day. Shows you took the time to discuss but that you are confident that this is a position you’re interested it. It doesn’t sound desperate at all to me (quite the opposite actually).
Post # 9
@Anniebo: In your case, I would probably wait until the end of the week in case you don’t hear back. In my case, they left it up to me. As in, if I didn’t call back by Friday, I wouldn’t get the job period. It still sounds like you got the job though 🙂 I’d call them on Friday afternoon if I were you! Or you could send a follow-up letter today!
Post # 10
Thanks to everyone who helped me! Everyone had valid reasons, and it really kept me at ease. However, I couldn’t help myself, so I called today at 11! He said great, we will go on with the next step… you’ll be hearing from us within a few days… pause… if not sooner.
So 10 minutes later he calls me back! I GOT THE JOB!! 🙂
He had already made his mind up yesterday as well. But per protocol, they would like us to think about it. But if you fit, you fit. And I did consider some of the cons… however the pros were too amazing for me not to accept!
Post # 12
How exciting for you! Please keep us posted!