(Closed) NWR…my FI’s upcoming R&R!!!

posted 8 years ago in Military
Post # 3
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Oh that’s AWESOME!!! It took Darling Husband too long to get home it seemed. It eats up your time flying back and forth, but Darling Husband was really adamant about seeing his family. 

I know lots of people who’ve done this for R&R. They’ve flown…A Class I think? And you can just wing it if you’re flying around cuz you fly standby and can end up wiating a few days for flights. I haven’t used the actual military website lodging, but i’ve had friends use it. They do say it’s quite a pain. You may be able to check places online and get a better discount via the internet instead of those Army sites.

Maybe your FRG leader has some insight? You are definitely not the first couple to take R&R closer to Iraq.

Post # 4
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I am soooo excited for you and your FI!

Germany sounds like a wonderful time. Fiance has shown me different places through the Army Vacation Club but we have never actually used it. When his dad lived in Germany they had a travel agent on base do a lot of their plans for them (which were probably similar deals).

Regardless of what you decide, I hope that you have a wonderful time with your Fiance.

Post # 5
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I HAVE THE PERFECT PLACE!! They are even offering specials for those on R&R! 

I have been there and the area is gorgeous! If you like to ski then its great but even if you don’t you will love it. 

I hope this helps and you have a great trip!

Post # 6
2781 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I have to second the Edelweiss lodge (and Bavaria in general). I’ve been there in passing and it’s a gorgeous place. As a part Bavarian, the people are friendly, the beer is good and the scenery is breathtaking. It’s a gorgeous place for some R&R!

The topic ‘NWR…my FI’s upcoming R&R!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors