- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2012
Hello NYC-area brides!!
Quick Intro…My name is Emily and I’m from Central NY (Syracuse area). I’m getting married June 16th in the Fingerlakes (Belhurst Castle on Seneca Lake), and am in the thick of the final planing stages of my wedding.
We have decided to come to NYC for my Bachelorette party and are staying from Friday, May 11- Sunday, May 13. None of us are super familiar with NYC, only been a few times for shopping, and once for NYE (but we were still under 21, so no bar experiences!) Basically my MOH needs some major help planning everything!!
Here’s a little about what we are looking for:
– Our group will consist of 8-12 girls all in the 25-27 y/o range (and may include a couple of my gay male friends, not sure if they are able to make it yet).
– We would like to stay in the $750/night range (figuring $75/pp per night assuming 10 people will be coming) for the hotel room, and would prefer a suite, but would be fine with splitting into a few rooms. Cheaper would be even better, but it’s looking like that is the cheapest for something that is in a good location and not gross?
– One night we’d like to dress-up (cocktail dresses, ect.), although still incorporate bachelorette party gear, just not the super trashy stuff. The other night we’re thinking just “club wear” with bachelorette party stuff of course!
– We’ll probably spend most of the daytime shopping, relaxing, exploring, ect. But my MOH has her heart set on us doing a pole dancing class sometime on Saturday!
– For Dinners, one night I want to go to Carmine’s in Time Square because it’s my favorite and my cousin is a waiter there. The other night, we would definitely love suggestions!!
– At some point during the weekend, would like to have 1 or 2 drinks at a rooftop bar with a nice view and a good vibe, just to get that experience!
– We like bars with typical dance music (not techno), prefer bar/club combos not all purely dance clubs, but are open to suggestions. Would prefer 2-3+ bars/clubs per evening, since my group tends to get antsy if things aren’t crazy fun, and we like to move around!!
– Lastly (and I completely realize that this is going to sound rude and just asking for judgment, but I don’t mean it in the awful way it sounds, so bear with me!!), we really want to give the girls the Bachelorette Party experience that they are used to here in Upstate, where we get lots of attention/free stuff/special treatment. I don’t mean this in a “gimme gimme” kind of way, but with all of the wedding expenses, and the expense of the trip, I want to be sure that my girls get some free drinks, and attention from men (since I’m only the 2nd one to get married, 95% of them are single)! Basically, steer me in the direction of “sausage fest” bars, and bars that will offer us special deals/treatment,ect. Let the judgment flow, I don’t blame you!! Also, I know that my MOH has a scavenger hunt/dare card –type game in mind, so you usually need a good crowd of single men who are willing to participate in the debauchery!!
So, if you aren’t judging me too much, we would love suggestions for any/all of the following:
-Pole Dancing Class/Party
-Restaurants for Dinner
-Bars/Clubs for both Fri & Sat nights
Thanks so much in advance for the help!! And congratulations to all the brides, I hope everyone’s planning is going well and that all your weddings are a blast!!