(Closed) NYC Bee’s Who did/will do your hair & make up?

posted 7 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@OhBeeHive84: Hi fellow NY bee… I am getting my make up done by Sephora and my hair i’m still debating. I have a personal stylist but I am nervous about using her for that particular wedding look. She does amazing work when it comes to cut, color, and blow drying BUT I am nervous about having her style my hair and it not look like a sweet 16. lol. I will be coming back to see what u come up with.

Post # 4
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@OhBeeHive84: Hi!  I’m using Larissa Lake for my hair and makeup.  She’s actually from CT and I am paying her to travel to NYC for my wedding.  If you google “Larissa Lake” her website will come up.  I love her work and she had been fantastic to work with!

Post # 5
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I had Stacy Pitt do my hair and Sally Duvall do my makeup (they also did hair and makeup for my BMs). They were both AMAZING to work with–so friendly and chill, and they’ve worked together a ton so they know how to work around each other and coordinate their schedules. I HIGHLY recommend them both!

Post # 6
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I had the Pedala sisters do my hair and makeup (and the bridal party too).  They were fantastic and an absolute pleasure to work with.  

Post # 7
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I used Mia – she is based out of Long Island and AMAZING! Well worth the money..here is her info if anyone wants it..Here is a pic of me..

Mia

Hair Stylist/Makeup Artist

212-961-7019

[attachment=1366406,173494]

Post # 8
997 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - The Pierre Hotel

I used Sissi Chan for my hair and make-up; she also made up my mom and sister.  She was great, I’d highly recommend! 🙂 Good luck!

Post # 9
1156 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2005 - Westside Loft, New York

I’ve used Sachiko Yanase, Ai Sakai, and Laura Nadeau for events.  They’re all great!

Post # 11
354 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I am using Jennifer Buchina for my make-up, she came by recommendation.  Karla Van Rijs from Three Square Studio is doing my hair.  Both trials went really well and looking forward to the big day in less then 3 weeks!

Post # 12
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I used JAC Beauty, highly recommend!

Post # 13
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I used the head trainer at MAC cosmetics in NYC.  He was amazing – trial was free (he considers it his “interview” for employment) and $150 for the big day.  He gave me a lot of products to use after he left because I was worried that I got my makeup done 5 hours before walking down the aisle — but 12 hours later still looked glowing & didn’t need any touch ups.  He did an incredible job.  PM me if you want his personal info…wedding makeup isn’t his main gig so I don’t want to overwhelm him…but he is awesome.

Post # 14
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@hilsy85: How far out did you book them? I’d like to look into them but fear they may be booked.

Post # 15
1226 posts
Bumble bee

@pdescenza: I contacted both Sandy and Stacy for my wedding (looks like we have the same date) more than a month ago now and they were already booked.  You could see if maybe something fell through for them though.

For NYC brides my recommendation would be to *book early*.  I started six months out and a lot of people mentioned on these boards were booked already.   

Post # 16
375 posts
Helper bee

@nyckitten: I am actually using Stacy Pitt for my May 14th wedding!  Thats funny.  I dont have a make up person yet though…….yikes!

The topic ‘NYC Bee’s Who did/will do your hair & make up?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors