Post # 1
I don’t know where to start with conquering this task… I am getting married in September 2012… Any help is much appreciated! What hotels have you contacted that have given you good rates?? I am getting married in Tribeca, but I’m not opposed to staying elsewhere in manhattan…
Post # 3
@1NYBrideToBe: i’m very interested in what answers you get. There are 2 types of reservations you can make for blocks…
1) you get a group rate and the hotel holds it for you up to 3-4 weeks of your event, while your guests book for that rate… afterward the rate discount is over
2) you get a group rate you have to guarantee 80% of the rooms… meaning if you ask for 10 rooms and only 5 of your guests stay there, you have to pay for the other 3 yourself
I called around… the Marriott Marquis and the Marriott Downtown is #2 type, The Fairfield in Chelsea is #1 type, but had no rooms for my weekend…
Let me know what you find out
Post # 4
Hotels offer group rates to brides so long as you have more than 10 rooms. It’s a simple process whereby you can either call the hotels yourself or get rates online at http://grouptravel.org/group-rates-for-hotels/
Rates to expect in Manhattan are going to be heavily dependent on what time of year you are looking to get married.
Here is just a small sampling of hotels that offer discounted rates for wedding blocks.
- Downtown Marriott around $160
- Chelsea Lodge relatively inexpensive.
- Gem Hotel in Chelsea for $150 (only have queen beds).
- Roosevelt Hotel on East 45th or East 46th street btwn Madison & vanderbilt – HUGE hotel (huge) $229/night.
- The Carlton Hotel. It’s on Madision between 28th and 29th. Around 169 for Full Size Bed and 199 for Queen.
- Hudson Hotel on W. 58th Street for $140/night for Standard Queen and $190/night for Deluxe Queen.
- Hotel Warwick in Midtown East 51st & 3rd or Lex for 159 per night.
- Park 70 Hotel Park Ave & 38th Street $229 per night for double or King
- Raddisson Lexington near Grand Central 149/159 depending on double or queen.