Hi there, I am in a somewhat enviable position but it’s driving me crazy. My fiance and I fell in love with two NYC venues this weekend and now we can’t choose just one!
The main problem is that each venue is so different in style 1) Battery Gardens is all white and cool and breezy, more modern, still elegant 2) Twenty Four Fifth is old school 1920’s gold candelight ball room area, more formal wedding
1) On the water, amazing view
2) Ceremony outdoors
3) Lower cost per person for Day Wedding as in 11am – 4pm, Evening wedding is outside our budget.
4) Separate ceremony, reception and cocktail areas.
5) Can take pictures in battery park and by south street seaport
1) Day wedding, so will people dance during the day?
2) What would people do after 4pm? Especially the guests that traveled like our families (Cali, Vancouver, HK)
3) Construction in battery park right now for a water park, scheduled completion is Spring 2008, but you know, NYC construction is not very timely, dunno if it will be completed by next August
1) Very romantic, gold, candlelight venue
2) Sunken dance floor in the middle
3) Higher cost per person (but still within budget) for Evening wedding 6pm – 12pm
4) By NYU (my alma mater) for pictures!
1) Ceremony and Reception in same space, so guests move to separate area for cocktails while they set up. Coordinator said they do this all the time and should not be an inconvience.
2) More expensive
3) Our coordinate seemed to space out a little, but my other friend getting married next August is working with her and really likes her, so may be an off day.
I apologize for the long post, but this is giving me a headache and I figure I’ll ask the helpful weddingbee readers for advice!
Thanks for your help!