(Closed) NYC/NORTH NJ WEDDING BEE HELP! 911!

posted 10 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
6 posts
Newbee

Is there a reason why you can’t (or won’t) have the ceremony at the reception site?  Seems like that would be the easiest way…

Post # 5
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I don’t suppose you’ve hit up your knot.com boards? I know they can be scary, but women on there usually have really great suggestions for specific questions like this.

Sorry I can’t be of more help – what a rotten situation! 

Post # 6
236 posts
Helper bee

Have you looked at any public parks?  Frequently they are very reasonable to get a permit/rent for this type of thing and they often have pavillions if the weather is rainy.  You can then hire an officiant for the ceremony for a bit more.  Parks could also include some historic buildings.  My BF was married in an old meeting hall in a small town in CT.  It had the charm and feel fo a church but was not religous (important to them) and was economical. 

Post # 8
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

I actually saw someone get married in Hoboken along the water, which was really nice.

How about a golf course or country club?  If your willingto get married at 4:00 – most places have nothing going on at this time on a Friday, so they should be willing to give you a good deal.  Did you block a group a rooms at a hotel – maybe the hotel where your friends and family or staying or the hotel where your spending your wedding night.

Post # 9
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018 - The Desmond Hotel in Malvern, PA

Are there any non-denominational chapels in the area that would marry you?  Or perhaps there is a park (as tberry suggested) or public memorial/pavilion kind of area that you could use and hire an officiant.

Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box…. is there a cool library or historic home in the area that would work?  A restaurant that has a private room that you could use for the ceremony, and then use their bar for a pre-cocktail hour before moving to your reception venue?  Does a friend have a big backyard that they’d be willing to let you use?  A B&B?  A cool old train station?  Get creative!

Post # 10
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

if you are open to nyc, st paul’s chapel at columbia university is fairly low maintenance, since they are university-associated. i am getting married there and picked it because they do not have any religious requirements. i believe they charge 1150 for a ceremony, but i would check with them for availability asap. they will give you a 2hr time frame during which you can take pics/have your ceremony. hope that helps!

The topic ‘NYC/NORTH NJ WEDDING BEE HELP! 911!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors