NY/NJ/PA/CT/VT for $100/night or less?

posted 2 years ago in New Jersey – North Central New Jersey
Post # 3
7936 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

I dunno, I would never trust a hotel under 100$ a night, especially in the NE. How about renting a cabin? That might be an option- you’d need to cook for yourselves mostly but it could be remote and romantic- check out vrbo.com for legit rentals.

Post # 5
4965 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

BurlapnLace:  I’d check out vrbo and look for a cabin in the poconos, etc. Chances are – you are NOT going to find a nice hotel for under $100!

Post # 7
1892 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

With the man hunt going on in the poconos, I honestly don’t know if you’ll find anything, or if you do it’ll be crazy cheap! 

Post # 8
1305 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

BurlapnLace:  Hm yeah I think that’s unrealistic. I’m in northern NJ and even with a hotel block discount, our designated hotel for wedding guests costs $140/night.<br />If you can come by it, I suggest the Emerson Resort & Spa – it’s definitely romantic and woodsy!! It’s in the Catskill mountains. I think it would be better to just do one or two nights there instead of say 3 nights at a cheaper place. http://www.emersonresort.com/ That’s where I got engaged. 🙂

Post # 9
1892 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

What about going up to lake Seneca!

Post # 10
3113 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

BurlapnLace:  http://www.rabbithillinn.com/

That is my favorite place to stay in VT. My parents would go every year for a “romantic” getaway. There is lots to do in terms of outdoorsy stuff. You can go for hikes, carriage rides, zip lining (possibly? it might be too cold), sledding/skiing if it’s snowing. It’s really cute and you can eat onsight or offsight. 

Once you plug in your date and scroll to the bottom you get a better idea of prices. It’s a little out of your budget, but totally worth it!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  MrsMeowton.
Post # 11
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

BurlapnLace:  Try airbnb They have some lovely places there which are fab. 

Post # 13
2455 posts
Buzzing bee

BurlapnLace:  Check Groupon, I just got an email for all of these Getaways in CT, NYC, and PA. Under $100! Except the one in Times Square is $140

Post # 15
10 posts
  • Wedding: December 1969

AirBNB, VRBO, HomeAway, PriceLineNegotiator area ll good bets

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors