(Closed) Oct 2013 Brides- How Far Behind Are You?

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
1199 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We have all the planning, venue, everything on paper. Nothing booked yet. We’re moving in jan, after that we’ll start booking. 

Post # 5
1199 posts
Bumble bee

@Beautiful Bluegrass:  I think the hardest part for me is the guest list. lol. It keeps changing. And think I’ll leave that til the end for the save the date. lol

Post # 6
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@echolove:  same with me. Everything is pretty much done BESIDES the guest list and I am honestly dreading it. 

Post # 7
97 posts
Worker bee

We are October 19th here too! 🙂

We have our reception venue booked, photographer booked and wedding rings picked and almost paid for. That’s it! I guess some would consider us behind, but I’m feeling good about the progress we’ve made so far!

Post # 8
497 posts
Helper bee

Venue booked, photographer picked and e-pics taken. Wedding invites picked and will wait till next year to order, cake place in mind and still need to check out. Have all of my guests figured out and waiting for FI to get his. Meeting with a DJ and still need to get ahold of the church (playing phone tag) We have my wedding band and I am saving for his now, BUT we know which one he wants. I also bought his engagment watch and he has already broken it, need to get that fixed now lol

Post # 10
914 posts
Busy bee

Things we have done:

• Venue (which does food, ceremony site, DOC, set up, alcohol, and cake though we have to pick it out from an outside baker)
  • Photographer
  • I am putting down a deposit on chiavari chairs tomorrow! I always said I thought that spending a ridiculous amount of money on chairs was silly and I would never do it, but then I found that the chair covers for the unattractive banquet chairs would cost only about $50 less than going for the chiavari, I changed my tune. So now I will have lovely chairs at my reception 🙂
  • I think we have picked our invitations, but we still need to order them

Still to be done in the near future:

• Book a DJ
  • Book a florist
  • Hair and makeup
  • Buy a wedding dress/choose BM dresses
  • Take e-pics
  • Get with the harpist for the ceremony and book
  • On and on…

Whoa I really do feel behind lol.

Post # 11
50 posts
Worker bee

I think I only have a DJ/Master of Ceremonies left to book! I go meet with them Nov 8 then it’s just getting our attire and premaritual fun stuff left!! We’re excited to be done planning and start fully enjoying our engagment and prep for the hour we say I Do!!

I’m blushing

Wow, I can’t believe it’s going to be less than a year!

Post # 12
50 posts
Worker bee

@NurseBee A harpist?!! That’s amazing!

We’re using old strings chamber crew to do our ceremony music.

Post # 13
914 posts
Busy bee

@spaglitter:  My first choice actually was a string quartet or trio, but it proved to be a little out of budget. Then I went to a bridal show and heard this beautiful harp music and I was like, I don’t even care. I want it. And it’s not that expensive! $275 for two hours (ceremony and cocktail hour).

Post # 14
529 posts
Busy bee

I have officially done nothing 😉 ok I have called emailed some venues but they have been booked or too expensive. We aren’t “officially” engaged yet (he has the ring and a plan) so I’m not in a huge rush. Our back up plan is ceremony and reception at his house tented so I guess that’s why I’m not in panic mode yet. It would be great to get a venue nailed down before Christmas though. I think you are in good shape since your venue includes so much!

Post # 16
778 posts
Busy bee

To do: 

-Dress shopping

-Pick out bridesmaid dresses

-Pick out and get centerpieces

-Find and book a DJ

-Find and book a baker

-Pick out and order invites

-Plan honeymoon

-Get blocks of hotel rooms for OOT guests

-Make guest lists and gather addresses

Done:

-Booked ceremony and reception venue (same place)

-Officiant booked

-Photographer booked

-Bridal party booked and asked

-Save the dates picked out and being ordered today

The topic ‘Oct 2013 Brides- How Far Behind Are You?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors