(Closed) October 19, 2013 brides!! Are you ready?!?

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
914 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hahaha definitley NOT ready. I have the venue and photographer booked. Still so much left to do! But we are exactly one year out!

Post # 4
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m feeling pretty good! We have the wedding planner hired, the church booked and we’re negotiating the contract with the venue. I was nervous that I would be anxious about wedding planning, but I’m so excited!

Post # 5
97 posts
Worker bee

I smiled SO BIG when I seen this post! October 19th 2013 brides, UNDER a year until we get married yay!!! We have the reception venue booked, photographer booked, wedding rings picked and almost paid for. I am just going on a super health kick to get down to my goal weight to go dress shopping…can’t wait!! πŸ™‚ All I can feel is excitement. My hubby-to-be and I will be together 5 years when are getting married (October 19th is also the date we first started dating) so it’s been a long time coming! I am not nervous at all, bring on the planning, every single aspect of it!

Post # 6
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

So happy for you ladies.. Now the ball starts to really get rolling!! Good luck, and remember we’re all here for you at WB!

Post # 7
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m feeling a lot better now than I did two weeks ago!  We lost our first venue and went from a Sept 2013 wedding to October 12, 2013 and then the SEC released their football schedule and we switched our date one last time (hopefully) and have now joined you all for an Oct 19, 2013 wedding yay!  And I love our second venue much better than the original one πŸ™‚

So we have the venue for the ceremony and reception, our officiant, my dress, our photographer and our STD & invites picked out!  :). It may seem like I’ve got this, but I am a little worried since we’re going to be traveling a lot in the next two months and I don’t see any planning going on during that time hahaha.  Good luck date twins!!!  Yay!!

Post # 8
53 posts
Worker bee

Today it hit me as I was walking to my car…next year at this time, I’ll be MARRIED!  We’re in pretty good shape.  We have the church, the reception venue, photographer, DJ and I bought my dress three weeks ago!  Invitations are picked out.  Save the Dates are done.  It actually seems right now like it is a lot of “hurry up and wait”…

Post # 9
60 posts
Worker bee

The one year mark was a huge occasion for me.  I had so much I wanted to get done before the one year mark so I could attempt to sit back enjoy the last year being a single gal.  I actually managed to get quite alot checked off my to-do list:

Church (pre-cana class is this Saturday)

Bridesmaids Dresses

Wedding Dress

STD’s (expected to aarive any day now)

My wedding band

I know I still have alot left to do but it looks like all of us our coming along quite nicely!  I am so excited and I wake up everyday and look at my countdown on my phone! 

Post # 10
39 posts

I’m glad I’m on the same page as most other brides. I’ve only got the church and venue booked, and I just purchased my dress! Save the dates are pretty much done, but everything else still has to be done. I’m sure time is going to fly by now, but things are also getting really exciting at the same time πŸ™‚

Post # 11
587 posts
Busy bee

On the 19th I said to my Fiance, “DO YOU KNOW WHAT TODAY IS” and he actually knew, I was stunned. I got him a Happy -1 Year Anniversary card because I just couldn’t help myself.

So far I have a venue, photographer, DJ, officiant and the catering proposal is waiting for my review. I have a wedding planner though so I will take zero credit. I would wait WEEKS in between each step if I was on my own so I’m very very grateful that Fiance agreed to hire a planner. So far.. worth it. I actually have anxiety dreams about her NOT being there on my wedding day. EEK.

Post # 12
3 posts

I am so excited about the fact that 10/19/13 is the date we chose for our wedding.  My Fiance and I were both born on the 19th of our respective birth month, it’s a FULL MOON (for those of you having outside ceremonies), and who doesnt LOVE October!  People look at my like I am a nut job when I tell them what the Fiance and I have accomplished thus far, and I want to smack them.  Clearly, they have NOT planned a wedding in Austin, TX during one of the peak times of the year!  It makes me SO happy to see that I am not “crazy” to have gotten so much done already for our 10/19/13 wedding date!  I can see most of us are on the same page!  We have booked the venue, photog, videog, caterer, DJ so far.  I bought my dress THIS past weekend and we signed the contract to block rooms at the Marriot we decided on near our venue.  And….I just asked my BMs/MOHs with personalized videos I made for each one.  I also have my hair stylist on lock down.  πŸ™‚

• When is your wedding date? 10/19/13
  • How old are you/FI? 26/30
  • How did you meet? We met at Texas State University through mutual friends 8 years ago. 
  • What do you/ Fiance do for a living: account manager/national account manager
  • What is your theme? rustic elegance!  outside cermony under a canopy of giant oak trees and reception under the stars! 
  • What are your colors? bms will wear a purple-ish, maroonish color (not sure of what to call it), with peach, sage, ivory and gold accents.

• How did he propose?  He proposed while we were on a campus tour of our alma mater with his sister/hubby and their kids, along with my family and my best friend and her fiance’….believe it or not completely caught me off guard!

question: When are you ladies sending out STDs?!

The topic ‘October 19, 2013 brides!! Are you ready?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors