(Closed) October 20, 2012 Brides! How was your Wedding?

posted 5 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

It was really nice. I can’t say that I wasn’t relieved to have the whole thing finally over with, but it turned out great. We had it outdoors under a nice park pavilion, and the weather couldn’t have been more perfect. I can’t believe it’s almost been two months already!

It’s really nice to think back on it because we got married at the park where we spent so much time together when we first started dating, and we had the reception at a restaurant owned by my dear friend. While our first concern with choosing venues was to keep things simple and affordable, it worked out perfectly because both venues have a lot of meaning to us.

Post # 4
8147 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

even though we got a blizzard oct 2011, 2012 gave me a sunny day!  It ruined some pics, but it was so warm, and nice and the sky was clear enough to enjoy the view  🙂

Everything went okay. the cake topper fell and messed up the side of the cake, but they fixed it, the food was cold but they fixed it, i spilled clam chowder on my dress but luckily it was white!  🙂 all crazy things, but everything was great  🙂

Post # 5
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Watch tower lodge, Black hawk state Park Rock Island, IL

the day was wonderful, we had a few hiccups but over all it was good.

a few things that did happen: it was cold, we had to move he ceremony inside the reception hall. My husband at some point set down the box of boutoniers that i spent hours making and it got picked up and tossed or something so the guys didnt have them. our officiant was a last min stand in and he wore jeans and a button up striped shirt and had his keys hanging out of his pockets. and about 60 ppl that rsvp didnt show up. over all though those were minior things and the day went woonderful!

The topic ‘October 20, 2012 Brides! How was your Wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors