(Closed) October 2010

posted 9 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
3576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

HEY!  I’m an October 2010 bride!  October 29th!

We actually have the big stuff done! 

Venue/caterer: check

Dress: check

Colors: check

What are your colors?  Are you having a theme?

Post # 5
3576 posts
Sugar bee

The reason we booked the venue so early was because my mom leaves tomorrow for a month out of the country and be the time she gets back I was afraid our date would be gone. 

As for the dress, in all honesty, I thought we’d be going to like 5 bridal salons.  My mom and I went on a whim and BAM…I fell in love…with my dress.

Colors – Aubergine (high-tech name for Eggplant purple), Burnt Orange and Truffle.

We’re just rollin’ with fall theme for decor but I’m planning on putting some halloween type items sprinkled throughout.  nothing tacky but just enough.

Are you getting married in Richmond?

Post # 6
25 posts
Newbee

Hey ladies!!  I’m a 10/10/10 bride getting married in NYC ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve booked the ceremony site, venue, photographer, florist and started my mockups of my invites.  Next up are DJ/Videographer!!  I’ve been engaged since 12/08, so I got alot done fast and now I’m slowly getting back into it!

Oh, and my colors (so far) is plum, gold, with accents of burnt orange and green…sounds weird, but it looks good lol

Post # 8
3576 posts
Sugar bee

101010 – way to be prepared!  You have got a lot done.  way to go!  And I like your colors.  They don’t sound weird to me.

Jslong – this is too funny, we’re also having the candy table w/jars and scoopers and we are doing cupcakes!! 

We’re actually meeting w/a potential photographer this Sunday.  I want to book one soon because I would like our engagement photos done this fall.  Hopefully we’ll like her.  But you never know.

Post # 10
967 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m either going to be a late september or early october bride – just have to see what venues are available!!

I have a tricky planning situation because I live in LA but am getting married in Northern California – so we’re officially going “venue shopping” on labor day weekend. We’re hoping we can find and make a decision on a place then! So – hopefully I’ll be joining you gals as an October 2010 bride! 

Post # 12
3576 posts
Sugar bee

I love that site, Etsy!  There are definitely some things on there that I plan on purchasing for the wedding.

Way to go at $1.00/cupcake…that is a steal! Tongue out

Post # 13
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Hi ladies!!! October 16, 2010 here.

We are going to look at our potential ceremony/reception venue today, I have a feeling it is the one!! It is this gorgeous farm with a nice big barn and farmhouse. Just what we had been dreaming of. We have been engaged since last October, and we have been looking for the perfect venue ever since, and we finaly stumbled across this place. It’s about an hour and a half away from where we live, but we are thinking it may be worth it =)

We are doing a vintage halloween/autumn harvest feel, and our colors and going to be black and orange.

We have a lot of random details figured out such as what songs we want played at our wedding, what we want out wedding party to wear, and what kind of centerpieces we want (curly willow with orange chinese lanterns) but we haven’t booked anything yet.

It’s finally getting closer!!

Post # 14
3576 posts
Sugar bee

spinsugar: your potential venue sounds lovely!  I really wanted mine in a barn type of venue but it just wasn’t in the cards.  Share a photo if this is the one you select.  Good luck with it.  Also, your centerpieces sound cool.  Do you have a photo of those?

Post # 16
25 posts
Newbee

Here is actually a page from the knot magazine that made me fall in love with my color scheme…I’m planning on buying plum organza tableclothes for my tables, and my candelabras for my centerpieces are gold, and I’ll have gold votives also…

[attachment=308292,38016]

The topic ‘October 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors