(Closed) October 2011 brides- are your invites in yet?

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

We received ours about 6 weeks ago. I wanted to check them off the list. Of course, now w are thinking about adding a day-after brunch to the festivities, so we will be ordering a complimentary invitation and response card for that event, to be included in with the main invitation suite. And I just startedresearching rehersal dinner invites. Aye yeesh!

Post # 4
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m waiting to hear back from our vendor to put down a deposit! I have a deadline of Mid-July to get them all done & out. Fingers crossed!

Post # 5
489 posts
Helper bee

I am jealous that you already have your invitations, but that is partly my fault. My mom, a friend of mine and I are making our invitations. And I don’t mean by going to a craft store and buying them and printing them, i mean we are using cardstock and embossing and rubber stamping. So it’s a bit of work, but it was something I knew I wanted to do. I finally just got my idea done up, but we are going to get together sometime in June to put them together.

Post # 6
758 posts
Busy bee

I have mine all printed. I am currently working on rounding all of the corners and then we have to assemble them. I am planning on sending them out late July/beginning of August!

Post # 7
941 posts
Busy bee

Wow you’re all so on top of it!  I keep thinking hey we should order ours.  That’s about how far it’s gotten though.   🙂  I think we’re going to order them from David’s Bridal, so I hope that’ll be quick.

We did send out the save the dates in May though (and everyone was sent/hopefully received one), which is making me feel SLIGHTLY less pressured to rush into ordering invites.  

Post # 9
111 posts
Blushing bee

Confession:

I have them designed, but haven’t finalized it yet. Then I have to take it to the letterpress.. ( or do it myself)

I’m expecting to send our out in beginning of July.. It’s a small desti wedding for 20 ppl and most of them already know about it., so it’s really a formality lol

Post # 10
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@littlecat: I feel the exact same way! We got our invites from Michaels and started printing them this weekend. Hopefully we will be done by the end of this week!

This is a scan of what the wording will look like. The only thing we changed was the order of names (I was told bride’s name is supposed to be first). This will go inside of a brown pocket fold and have ribbon and what not. I will probably make a post with the completed invite.

Post # 11
316 posts
Helper bee

Not printed yet.. I designed them, but I still need to buy the stuff I’ll need for them/print them

Post # 12
3624 posts
Sugar bee

nooooope. I still have to order them. wording is finally finalized, but I need to kick my butt and get those things ordered.

Post # 13
1684 posts
Bumble bee

YAY. Deposits been paid, invites have been sent off to be printed, and the girl I’m dealing with says my order should be ready to go by mid-next week. Which is A LOT sooner than I originally thought!

Post # 14
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

We had our invites back before I even bought my dress! Crazy? Absolutely! lol

But yea, they came in about 2 months ago. We ordered them through Etsy and I guess I was a little too eager. They’re being sent out to the calligrapher in the next week or so.

Post # 15
736 posts
Busy bee

I ordered mine this weekend. They should only take a couple of weeks. Feels weird to to actually write out the wording for invitation.

Post # 16
281 posts
Helper bee

All done, but with a looming postal strike in Canada they can’t go anywhere. Cry

The topic ‘October 2011 brides- are your invites in yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors