(Closed) October 2011 brides – When r you sending out invites?

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Shooting for mid-july, but the woman designing and printing our invites is flaking out on me! Totally starting to freak out 😡

Post # 4
1909 posts
Buzzing bee

Ours is technically the last week of September, so I’m planning on the end of July.

@mandi.pitt: What happened?

Post # 5
135 posts
Blushing bee

After doing some research they say 8 to 6 weeks prior to the wedding. Im looking at start to middle of August with a rsvp of middle sept.

@mandi.pitt: oh no, good luck hope it all works out for you =)

Post # 6
572 posts
Busy bee

I love seeing all you October brides! (it means you have to wait just as long as I do..hehe~)

Yes 6 to 8 wks is a good time frame. We are sending ours out first week of August with an rsvp by Sept 25. That allows a 3 week buffer for stragglers before the head count deadline with the venue.

Post # 7
572 posts
Busy bee

hey, sbharkness..where in Bmore if I may ask? FI and I are both from Baltimore, but moved to gorgeous Colorado 2 years ago.

Post # 8
4336 posts
Honey bee

About 8 weeks before; as allows guests to not feel obligated to commit too far in advance if they don’t know their plans. (so, mid/late August.)

Post # 9
333 posts
Helper bee

@sbharkness83:I’m sending our invites out to Europe on Monday morning and the rest that are local will be mailed on August 1 with a response date of no later than September 4.

Post # 10
4583 posts
Honey bee

Planning on first week of August, maybe last week of July if I’m feeling impatient. My RSVP date is Sept 3 because our venue requires the head count three weeks prior and I want plenty of time to track down missing replies.

Post # 11
1684 posts
Bumble bee

Whenever Canada Post decides to stop striking and get back to delivering the mail. And Wal-Mart decides to stock my colour ribbon again so I can actually finish them.

Sigh. 

I’m hoping mid-July – our RSVP date is September 15.

Post # 13
186 posts
Blushing bee

Mine are going out by the end of Aug. to have back by Oct 1 so that I have 2 weeks to track down people before I need my count for Oct. 29th. Coming up crazy fast. 4 months and 4 days to go ! 

Post # 14
1684 posts
Bumble bee

@sbharkness83: haha AWESOME. We made it the middle of the month because it’s easier to remember. And yes, stragglers! I’d like to have my final head count (and for budgeting purposes) to the caterer by the end of September so everythings ready to go and I can focus on other things the weeks before the day  🙂

Post # 15
365 posts
Helper bee

We are sending ours out the first week of August with a deadline of Sept 15th – exactly one month before the wedding.  I still need to print addresses on the envelopes but it’ll get done eventually ha ha.

Post # 16
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

The invites are done and I got the stamps yesterday. I had to send a few envelopes back to our calligrapher for corrections but as soon as I get those back (probably end of this week), they’ll be going out. I don’t see the point in waiting to send them if they’re read to go. Our RSVP by date is September 1st. 

The topic ‘October 2011 brides – When r you sending out invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors