(Closed) October 2011….it’s so far away!

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

LOL!!! I understand! But as soon as we started planning (in August 2010), it was apparent that having a longer engagement would be best. It gives us time to both plan the wedding ourselves without getting overly stressed and enjoy being engaged.

CONGRATS!!! 

Post # 4
3167 posts
Sugar bee

lol my mom and i are spazzing because it seems so close!!! but that’s probably because we have yet to get the reception venue yet. we were going to go with the 8th but that’s when OU/TX is and i don’t want to be that bride who made everyone miss the game! so we’re choosing between the 15th and 22nd now.

Post # 5
4150 posts
Honey bee

ahh October will come SO fast ladies!!! I’ve been engaged since Aug 2009!!!! This year and a bit has gone so incredibly fast, I can’t believe it. 

Post # 6
753 posts
Busy bee

People say this year will fly by to me all the time, but I am so excited that I feel like it’s just going to drag!

Post # 7
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I kind of can’t believe it either! I thought my dude and I were so ahead of the ball…but pretty much all we’ve done is book a photographer 😉  Have most people bought dresses already?

Post # 8
677 posts
Busy bee

I have the same kind of "Come on already!" feeling – I just got my save the dates done and I’d like to send them out like yesterday… Sitting on them for another 4 months is going to make me buggy.

To keep myself occupied I’ve started sussing out our bar menu Laughing

Post # 9
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

This time last year I was saying the same thing. Since then, i feel like only 5 months have passed. So… while it’s hard to believe.. it really will fly by… especially the last few months. It comes SO FAST!

Post # 10
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Honestly, it goes by so quickly!

I think there were some points when I ws 8-9 months away when time seemed like it was dragging a little, but for the most part time went by really quickly. From the 6 month mark on time has flown and once we got to less then 100 days it was like we were moving at warp speed…to the point that I can’t believe I’m getting married in 5 days, as it just seems impossible that a year has gone by since we got engaged/started planning.

Good luck and have fun with the planning process – you only get to be a bride once, so enjoy it!

Post # 11
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Aw man I’m APRIL and it seems like time is dragging!  I FEEL you ladies! Everyone says it “sneaks up on you.”  One can only hope!!

Post # 12
140 posts
Blushing bee

I’m actually a bit nervous now that we’re just over a year out.  We thought we had our reception venue figured out but now we’re second guessing ourselves because we can’t seem to find a ceremony space.  We’ve been planning/discussing since Jan and now I feel like we’ve gotten nowhere in 9 months.  We’re having a wedding focused weekend with family to mark being 1 year out and I’m hoping we’ll come out of the weekend with some solid decisions.  I’ll feel a lot better and be able to enjoy the next 365 more if we have a plan.  We’re up against the clock (we need our guests to book rooms early) with the release of the VT football sched in Jan/Feb/March.

369 – tick toc, 10/22 ladies!

Post # 13
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Oh man. You think it’s far away now. I got engaged in June of 09 and am getting married the 30th of this month. It goes SUPER fast. I couldnt even believe it when October 1st hit and I was like “OMFG! I’m getting married this month!”

Post # 14
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Honestly, I am happy that I still have a year mostly because I LOVE being engaged. I didn’t want to have to rush to get things done and stress over trying to throw a wedding together in 6 months. Besides, weddings ain’t cheap. I really like that we are able to save a little each week and have more than enough come next October. I’m just happy that I can stop saying October 7th of NEXT year. 

The topic ‘October 2011….it’s so far away!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors