(Closed) October 2012 brides ..anyone else wearing a black wedding dress??

posted 5 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m not, but that’s a really unique dress!  I can’t wait to see pictures of you in it.

Post # 4
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I thought very seriously about it, but I decided to do black accents.  My bridesmaids wore black.

Post # 6
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

That is awesome!!! I’ve been struggling with my choice lately because my family wants me to wear a more classic bridal wedding dress, and I purchased one, but on my own I purchased a custom dark indigo/off-black if there is such a thing gown that is being custom made for me from etsy. It’s in a 1930’s style with a cowl neck and a cowl back and I love it so much more then the more traditional gown. I was going to wear it for the reception, but I might have to reassess the situation and just wear it all night 🙂 

Post # 8
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Oh WOW! that is stunning! I wore white myself, so I have no pictures to share, but you made such a beautiful choice! 

Post # 9
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

I reallllyyyy wanted to but I ended up finding an ivory one that I loved. That dress is gorgeous though!

Post # 10
2254 posts
Buzzing bee

Wow. I’m not brave enough to wear black though I do love my ivory dress. Your dress is gorgeous!

Post # 11
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

It’s a very pretty dress!  Mine is ivory and I love it. 

Post # 12
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

LOVE that dress and good for you for following what you want. Sarah Jessica Parker wore black I believe when she married her hubby.

Side note: Wearing white wasnt actually “tradition” until the Victorian Era. Many brides just wore their “best” dress and that was often the same dress they would wear to church, a funeral or whatever major event came their way. My mom didnt wear a traditional white gown. She wore her costume. Its all a matter of what you will love. 

Post # 13
429 posts
Helper bee

I think the dress is beautiful.  Post pictures when you do recaps!

Post # 14
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m not an October bride, but I wanted to say that your dress is so pretty! I cannot wait to see your recaps!

Post # 15
883 posts
Busy bee

I love your dress!!

Post # 16
143 posts
Blushing bee

Mine is not fully black but i have black on mine! 🙂

The topic ‘October 2012 brides ..anyone else wearing a black wedding dress??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors