(Closed) October 2012 Brides – Registry Stalking?

posted 5 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Yay!  So what did you get?!

I literally squealed when I noticed our first registry purchase (Nespresso Pixie–I’m a coffee addict).  I’ve been registry stalking for a couple of months now but promised FI I wouldn’t peek again until after my shower on August 4.

Post # 4
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I happened to look last week and noticed our first purchase from our Macy’s registry!  I made a guess at who it was (I didn’t know the Thank You Manager told you who purchased it, and I was wrong after lol).  A few days later FI comes home with a gift from his coworker.  We joked saying what if it was the item, and it was!  Lol.  We got the 7 piece Martha Stewart Barware set thingy.  I was definitely excited to get our first wedding present!  I keep looking at our Macy’s registry and getting disappointed because there’s no current sales and the prices are so high right now!  I’m afraid no one will buy any of the items 🙁  When we put them on, they were on sale. Sad.

Post # 5
2240 posts
Buzzing bee

I also check our registry quite frequently.  I’m afraid things will be discontinued or not available anymore.  I’m usually a-okay w/our BBB and Kohl’s registry but Pottery Barn seems to switch out their stuff more so I’ve had to readjust our registry a couple times and add new things on it.  We have a few things off our Kohls and BBB registries because my Grandma bought stuff off of both so my sister/brother would have something to give us at my upcoming shower next month.  

Tongue Out It wasn’t a surprise because I was with my Grandma when she did it haha.  But it is still exciting!!

Post # 6
509 posts
Busy bee

I was SOOOOOO excited when I noticed we had our first item bought on ours! Can’t wait to see who got us what this weekend at the shower! 🙂

For all you BB&B registry’s just wanted to pass on this info: if weird items start showing up on your registry that you didn’t register for make sure that in the “Requested” field it says “0”, if so, delete the item. I had a few of these mysterious items pop up on ours and when I talked to BB&B they said that if someone scanned our registry at the checkout and didn’t tell the clerk that other things they were buying were not on our registry that the other items they bought got added! I had one god awful duvet cover and some lunch totes pop up on ours and I was SO confused. LOL!

Post # 7
544 posts
Busy bee

I’m a ridiculous registry stalker and every time I log on I feel horrible!  My FH is in on my bridal shower details and can’t keep a secret, which means I know about my bridal shower too (I’ve been practicing my suprised face). 

The invites for the shower, according to FH, went out two weeks ago, and about a week ago I logged in and saw the first “fulfilled” item. I was so excited that I now check daily to see if there’s anything new…so far we’ve had five things purchased (cutlery, popcorn machine, panini maker, sheets, extra pillow cases).

I’ve convinced myself this isn’t wrong to do b/c I already know what’s on my registry, so the presents wouldn’t be a total surprise — but I really need to stop.  I’m never surprised b/c I always have to be in the know!

Post # 8
9484 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I’m trying not to stalk mine, but now I must.  😉

ETA: YAY PEOPLE ARE BUYING THINGS.  I will not look at what though.

Post # 9
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

ugg YES! And Macy’s is having a huge home sale right now, so the stand mixer we registered for is about $150 less than the “normal” price.  I have been dying for one for over a year, so I keep hoping someone will decide it would be a great gift!  If not, I know what I’m buying myself as a wedding gift!

Post # 10
719 posts
Busy bee

I wasn’t “stalking” my registry per se, but I had wanted to add a few things.  I noticed a few days ago that our first gift had been purchased…I was so excited!  It was a set of the flatware we had registered for, and I know who it’s from.  🙂 

Post # 11
Hostess
8117 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

i’ve been stalking since day 1. I can’t help it. my sister is mad at me for doing it, but my mom says “let her be excited!” haha  i am. it helps to anticipate!

Post # 12
635 posts
Busy bee

@phoenixandstars:  On the off chance that someone actually bought those off-registry things for you, I’d be inclined to not delete them. Returns will be much easier if the item is listed on your registry. That being said, I did delete the random bottle of soda that someone bought along with my gift – I’m pretty sure that one wasn’t for me!

Post # 13
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m stalking it hehehe…. there’s gifts being bought already and I’m so excited. I can’t wait to see who is the actual person who’s buying what item lol

Post # 14
407 posts
Helper bee

I have been stalking it since we set it up, but nothing has been purchased yet. My first shower is scheduled for August 25th, and the invites will be going out in about a week.

Post # 15
1284 posts
Bumble bee

I’m totally stalking mine! I don’t really think it’s a big deal… after all.. we DID pick out everything on it. How much of a surprise can it really be? lol

Post # 16
1237 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve been checking ours but mostly for discontinued items. Nobody has purchased anything yet (except the Kate Spade tumblers we ordered from it for our bourbon box) and we’re not sure we’re expecting anything as most of our guests are coming from out of town and are already paying lots of travel expenses. 

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides – Registry Stalking?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors