(Closed) October 2012 Brides…Have you picked out your Bridesmaid dresses yet??

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
503 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I did find my BM’s dresses. I had a very difficult time though because of the following reasons: a) my tallest girl is 5’11 & my shortest is 4’11, b) my smallest girl is a size 0 and my biggest girl is about a size 18, c) one of my girls is actively trying to get pregnant, so we need belly room, d) had to be eggplant, e) had to be less than $200, f) had to have straps because one of my girls has huge boobs, and can’t wear strapless bra, g) short (I live in TX, so it’s still going to be hot or warm in Oct) …. so this is what I came up with

http://www.billlevkoff.com/style/bridesmaid-dress/597

The color doesn’t translate well, but it’s pretty in person!

Yours is simple and elegant!

Post # 4
939 posts
Busy bee

My colors for the bridal party are Yellow, Brown, Red

My side is going to be in yellow and the girls on my side will have a brown sash. And the bouquets will be red. My BFF is my Man of Honor and he will be wearing a yellow sweatervest with brown pants.  

On FI’s side we have the men in brown vests with brown pants and his sister (a groomswoman) will be in the same dress as my BM’s except it’s going to be in the color of their sashes and her sash will be a lighter brown.

Cost of dress: $140 + $50 sash (sorry, no pic)

I have 3 girls on my side (sisters) and one guy.  3 guys on FI’s side and 1 girl.

Post # 5
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Yes! We went last year to try on some dresses to see what everyone liked and somehow they all loved the same dress in the same color.

I have a total of 3 girls, 2 MOHs and 1 BM.

They are going with DB’s dress in Apple Red, we are going around May/June to get them fitted and ordered, can’t wait.

Post # 6
162 posts
Blushing bee

Hey October Bees,

We havent picked out the BM dresses yet, we’re actually all getting together tonight to set a style/price that we are all comfortable with! It’s super important to me that they buy a dress they could realistically see themselves wearing again…

As far as sizing, it shouldnt be too much of an issue, 5/6 of my girls are between 5″7-5″10 and 1/6 is 5″3, but knowing her she will be rocking the highest heels! They are all like my size-ish (size 0-4) so I’m sure lots of styles will look good.

I’m kinda concerned about finding a style that compliments my dress without overpowering it. I’m wearing a fairly “simple” delicate tulle ballgown with a pearled sash. I have no idea whether to do short or long BM dresses, sleeves or no sleeves, etc. All I know is that my color is Taupe.

I guess i’m the only one behind on this important task!

Post # 7
212 posts
Helper bee

Yes! we have! I originally wanted burnt orange but due to the colors had to end up with a brighter orange.  It was difficult because two of my bridesmaids are smaller with no chest and the third is completely opposite.  The thing I didn’t like was they only had the smaller dress to try on so I’m really hoping it will be ok on my heavier girl!!  The brand is Mori Lee and it was only like 145.00.  Here’s a link

http://www.morilee.com/bridesmaids/bridesmaids/632

Post # 8
222 posts
Helper bee

I think we have finally found the one! 

It’s Donna Morgan’s Carrie. It’s $165USD.

I think we are going to go with the “Crystal Blue” in this picture. But maybe the “Candlelight” if it’s not too yellow. We’ve requested swatches. I am so (times a million) happy/excited/relieved that we’ve finally found a dress! Honestly, it seemed harder to find their dresses than it did finding mine πŸ˜›

Post # 9
1253 posts
Bumble bee

My BM are picking their own dresses, as long as it is black, long and elegant. I have 4 ladies so only 2 of them got their dress (which I found for the low so they loved the price more then anything else).

My sister in law would be wearing this dress  

My little sister would be wearing this dress.

2 down, 2 more to go. 

Post # 10
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Ahh!!  No!  I’m super behind on the bridesmaid dresses.  Unfortunately the budget the girls have is making it very difficult for me to choose a dress.  Plus, two of the three are kind of bigger and I don’t want to pick a dress that won’t make them look good.  Also, one of them lives all the way across the country in PA, so that makes it even more difficult.  I searched and searched and could not find an elegant, plum/eggplant, chiffon, floor length dress under $100 that all three of the girls would look good in and be able to buy from one location.  So my solution is to have each of them pick their own dress as long as it fits my criteria.  I told them I’d like them ordered by April, so hopefully they’re looking!  The bridesmaid dresses are definitely stressing me out.  πŸ™

Post # 11
1447 posts
Bumble bee

They’re not in yet, but we’ve picked them, had my girls measured, and ordered them. My sister is wearing this one with the flower at the waist removed and replaced with a white/silver rhindstone flower brooch:

And my MOH is wearing this one which has little rhindstones in the flowers on the strap:

I only have two bridesmaids, which made this pretty easy. Both dresses will be in the black shown and the length will be altered to fit both of the girls just above the knee.

Post # 12
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I love it so much I actually want one for myself!!!

Post # 13
2254 posts
Buzzing bee

I actually got my BM dresses a week after I got engaged bc I found them on sale on Cyber Monday after Thanksgiving. As a gift to my attendants, I’m paying for all their dresses so when I found these J.Crew dresses for $57 each I couldn’t resist. Keeping with my wedding colors of ivory, brown, and green, the dress color is espresso.

My MOH is wearing the lovely dress below from Nordstrom’s, which is only $48!

Post # 14
7 posts
Newbee

My ladies will be wearing this dress except it will be in champagne 

Post # 15
396 posts
Helper bee

Picked out dresses and they were ordered in February.. should arrive in June!

Picture 1 includes the dress – this is a Jordan Fashion dress – the color will be Pansy (its a darker purple).

I’m included a picture of my dress as well – might help you guys see why I picked out this dress.. it matches mine! the slight sweetheart at the top and the lines going across the bodice πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

all bridesmaids were happy with it.. unless they are lying.

Post # 16
396 posts
Helper bee

Oh and I have 8 BMs

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides…Have you picked out your Bridesmaid dresses yet??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors