October 2013 Registry Stalkers Anonymous

posted 3 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I told myself I wouldn’t check the registries at all. I became a registry stalker leadung up to my shower though. It was horrible. Every saturday and sunday we’d check it. 

Post # 4
373 posts
Helper bee

Urgh. I have this problem as well. 

Post # 5
3340 posts
Sugar bee

Guilty! So excited for my shower this weekend !!! Until then I will be stalking away!

edit: FI actually stalks more than I do! I come home and go to look at it and he says “oh I checked it at work and nothing new today…” Grrrr!!!!! Hahaha 😉

Post # 6
939 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

@classyashley:  Um, I have the APPS on my PHONE. 

I stalk our registries all damn day. At red lights, at the gym, while walking the dog. 

All. Day. Long.

It’s a problem. 

Embarassed

Post # 7
791 posts
Busy bee

I’m a total registry stalker.  I usually check it a couple of times a day, but don’t tell FH because he thinks it should be a surprise.  I’ll be checking it a few more times before the wedding, but most of the items were given at the bridal shower.  FH and I won’t be adding more items since we’re hoping for more cash than gifts.

Post # 8
885 posts
Busy bee

I stalk our registry almost daily, and I’m glad I do because after this past weekend almost everything had been purchased!!!  I am having three showers (three different families), one of which is this weekend but the other two are still a few weeks away.  So last night FI and I went around with a scanner and added some more items.  

Post # 9
159 posts
Blushing bee

I haven’t set out intending to, but I keep getting messages from Macy’s (sigh) that “the item Jan Jones ordered from your registry is on back order…….   Embarrassing when I already sent out a couple thank you notes to the same person for the things that did arrive.

Post # 10
41 posts
Newbee

I tried to check mine less leading up to my first shower…stopped looking about 2 weeks before. I’m glad I did actually, because it was fun being surprised! I haven’t been good since then. I have another shower next weekend and only one item has been purchased so I’ve been stalking frequently! I’m trying to make today the last day so I can have that same surprise for the next shower. After the showers though, I think it’s okay and necessary to stalk in order to ensure your guests still have a good variety of options to choose from and to make sure items are still in stock, etc. 

Post # 11
124 posts
Blushing bee

I am terrible with surprised so I totally stalk my registry.  My fiance knows it, I give him updates. “Someone bought our crock pot!” It’s exciting!! 

Post # 12
87 posts
Worker bee

Such a stalker over here. My shower is the 14th of September… and I think checking them every day (sometimes more times a day) will make me go crazy before then. 

Post # 13
490 posts
Helper bee

I’m horrible for this.  I’m also looking for stuff to add to my registry, little stuff because I know my bridal shower is coming up (FMIL spilled the beans because she knows I don’t like surprises and needed to ask me for addresses for my friends and family).  So far, only one thing has been purchased.  I’m not worried, though.  My wedding isn’t about getting stuff.

Post # 14
11 posts
Newbee

I honestly didn’t think that this was something to avoid, until someone jokingly asked me outright during my shower!  lol  It just got a lot of laughs.  Other than forgetting what you put on your registry though, if someone purchased from it, it’s not like their gift is a complete surprise!

I thought you were supposed to keep an eye on it to ensure you always have things from multiple price points, etc. available.  We technically didn’t register for everything we wanted yet anyway.  Whoops…

Post # 15
739 posts
Busy bee

I completely stalk our registry. Oops! Especially before the shower — I’ll admit, I checked it several times a day. But now it’s down to whenever I have time, lol. Just about 10 minutes ago I checked and 4 new things were purchased! I don’t think I had checked before today in well over a week, which is impressive. I guess I’m addicted to our registry. 

Post # 16
575 posts
Busy bee

I checked mine right before the shower, but I try not too look at it too often, heh.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors