October 2014 Brides, how's the planning going??? The nerves???

posted 2 years ago in October 2014
Post # 2
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

ahhh. the cost is stressing me out. i have a bunch of things to pay for still. i also had some bad vendors that have made planning stressful. i’m just ready for it to be the wedding day so i don’t have to worry about planning anymore! 126 days for me! 🙂

Post # 3
2731 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

I am also at the cost precipice is stressing me. Logically I look and know we are good but I have to remind myself ever 2-3 days of this. Budget sheets are my friend right now the numbers are high and scare the poop out of me otherwise. We are putting out a lot of down payments right now and about to have our phone cons for our planning in the next couple of weeks.

I am also pinching for a super secret sooprise for hubs.

senglish0410:  I’m with you on finances see above.

Post # 4
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

We need wedding bands! I feel like I’m so behind on this one aspect and need to get FI in a store pronto! Otherwise I’m excited and other than nailing down our ceremony and wait for the dress to arrive everything looks to be in order. Oh yeah and magically drop the 20 unwanted lbs that won’t budge! 

Post # 5
2087 posts
Buzzing bee

Feeling good at the mo. Everything that can be done has been done so nearer the time I need to post invites, DIY table plan and menu cards, and have dress fittings for me and BMs (though the dates have already been booked). It feels strange having a non-wedding weekend like this one, I feel like I should be doing something. Makes me feel like I’m missing something major. My BFF who is also my BM has kindly offered to buy our guestbook so that’s sorted. FI told me he was thinking about his speech today. Now THAT freaks me out. I hate being the centre of attention: speeches, first dance… Urghhh I’m dreading them. 

Post # 7
2731 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

I bought my dress a while back and I still love it. My first fitting is at the end of July. It may take up to 4 fittings for me because I am tiny and they have to pull 2 sizes out of the dress. My girls ordered their dresses last week they’ll have fittings in September.

Post # 8
721 posts
Busy bee

MrsPiggles:  my dress is here but i’m waiting for a first fitting until august. 

Post # 9
146 posts
Blushing bee

MrsPiggles:  I’m feeling good other than I tried on my dress and it zipped but I better not sit down!  So now I’m trying to focus on my diet and exercise. Just need five pounds back off for it to be comfortable.  

I just made a decision on my bridesmaid dresses so now we need them to get ordered.  The groomsmen are wearing jeans and a vest, but of course the vests dont come out until August to purchase. 

We have our funds all put away but I’m just worried I’ve left something out of the budget. 

My DIY invites are 50% done. I’m traveling the next three weekends with work/friends so I’ve really got to get the remainder done so I can send out 8/1. 

We’ve made no lists on music we want played or our vows yet. 

so much to do!  117 days to go! 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  vmason009.
Post # 10
689 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House

I was great until FI’s job decided to transfer him from Florida to Texas THIS WEEK.

We are having to move next month (and I have to find a new job…), luckily we’ve been planning this thing for a year and a half and it’s just details at this point.

Booked calligrapher, invites are in the works, and the only thing we really have to book is the childcare, and I think I JUST found that.

I do need to make some decisions: table names/numbers, menu cards or no, and whether or not to do a farewell brunch. Nothing super serious!

Post # 11
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’ve been having some really horrible wedding nightmares, but I think that’s pretty normal. I tend to over think things and stress myself out.

We have 77% of the wedding paid off at the current moment.

We booked our ceremony location for the rehearsal, and they threw it in for FREE! Super excited about that. Bridesmaids dresses are ordered, meeting with my cake baker on the 24th – still need to pick out cake flavors.

Post # 13
146 posts
Blushing bee

I did make progress last night and ordered my bouquet. I already had the rest of the wedding parties.  Can’t wait for it to be made and shipped! 

Post # 14
303 posts
Helper bee

I’m feeling pretty calm, but that in itself worries me…it feels like I have forgotten something…like there should be something ‘weding-y’ that I should be working on now. I just scheduled my first dress fitting for July 3rd and am nervous about it – have read of so many brides who no longer like their dress! I don’t think that will be me though. I’m with you bees about finances – we have thousands left to pay in September and October.  We’ve been good at saving, and if we need to tap into our line of credit, we’re ok with that. Still trying to figure out centerpieces, but not too worried about it. We sent invites out last Thursday because we have over half of our guests coming from overseas and we wanted to give them a lot of time to make arrangements – already have 10 rsvps back! (We’re using appycouple.com)  Would love to see dresses of other bees! Here is mine:

Post # 15
303 posts
Helper bee

jenilynevette:  hahaha glad to know I’m not the only one whose had a few nightmares! The funniest one was me leading a line of my students through snowbanks in my wedding dress, and one of the kids picking up pieces of frozen dog poop along the way…that he then proceeded to leave around my wedding venue!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors