October 2014 brides.. What do you have left to do?

posted 2 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
743 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Our Backyard/Steakhouse

kaytie327:  I feel very on top of things at this point.  I just reserved my chairs from the rental company, have my first fitting next week, and will get my invitations out the first week of August.

Music is picked, readings set, speech to FI finished, seating plan done (tenative of course on those who can’t make it), just ordered a gift for FI and am going to be working on my BM gifts shortly too.

Post # 3
2261 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

kaytie327:  Wow now that I’m reading what LDay1983 said, I realize I am pretty much on it as well! Invites are done and ready to be sent out first week of August, my first fitting is next week, and we are starting to work on the favors in the next couple of weeks. That’s pretty much it!

Of course FI still hasn’t gotten his tux or the groomsmen attire but I don’t expect that to be done any sooner than October 1st for our October 5th wedding……..

Post # 4
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsPiggles:  hahahahaha your tux comment makes me giggle….that is how my FI is right now too…we have to order from a local gal or drive an hour for them and she is only open 8-4….sooo I am gonna assume ill be in the same boat as you the wedding week! lol glad i am not alone….I would just do it…but im fighting my OCD planning type A personality….he is being picky so its his project…lol…

as for me just finishing up loose ends ordering last minute details, making payments, and working on the current anguish of finishing centerpieces…i have my first dress fiting at the end of the month so pretty excited about that…. 🙂

Post # 5
353 posts
Helper bee

I’m so happy my invites are out of the way– addressing them was way more time consuming that I anticipated. I just sent them out this week because everyone is traveling so I wanted to give adequate time for guests to make flight reservations and such. 

The biggest thing we have left is securing a vendor for lighting and perhaps videography if we decide we still have enough money in the budget for that. We still have the dreaded task of making a seating chart, but of course that has to wait until the RSVPs come back. And I guess we should decide on favors. And welcome bags for the hotel.

I guess I have more left than I thought!

Post # 6
2261 posts
Buzzing bee

Soonerbee07:  HA! Ok you need to tell me when he finally goes and takes care of this. I’ll do the same!

My guy will get pissy if I mention it too! Driving me up the walls! 

aarrrrghgh;laskdjgl;sdfjgo;fsiugfi!!!!!!

Post # 7
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsPiggles:  haha i will try and remember to do that…i am hoping to make him go with his dad next weekend….but yeah hes been getting pissy about it too! silly boys….he was all over it for the tasting and such tux nope 2 months of “discussing” it and here we sit!

Post # 8
2073 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m in the process of putting together our invites now.  I expect it’ll take me another couple of weeks as they’re entirely DIY – envelopes and all.  I need to finish the aisle runner I’m DIY’ing.  I need to order our marriage licence and review the ceremony with our “officiant” – (our friend’s bilingual mother who we’ve asked to officiate and we created the ceremony ourselves).  I need to order flowers (I’m only using flowers in the bouquets and boutinneres (no idea how to spell that!).  I’m still patiently waiting for my dress to arrive.  I ordered it in May of 2013 and he has assured me it will be here mid july… I will lose my mind if it’s not. 

I’m not worrying about speeches til closer to the day.  And just need to finalize 1 or 2 music choices.  I *think* that’s it…

Post # 9
44 posts
Newbee

We have mostly everything done. Need to pick the music, get alterations done and get his clothes and ring. We are not having a wedding party so I think that helps lol

Post # 11
33 posts
Newbee

I still need to finish invitations and put them together, decide on ceremony decor, finish centerpieces, order flowers (will do about 30 days in advance) and pick an officiant!!! This is the one thing that worries me the most because our wedding is on a Sunday so none of the pastors are available from my church.  Luckily we have a few pastors in our family! Hopefully, something will work out.  

Post # 12
33 posts
Newbee

Oh yeah and I’m working on the honeymoon location, now.  This is not as easy as I thought!  Where is everyone else going?

Post # 13
721 posts
Busy bee

everything is pretty much set. i have invites ready and addressed to mail. hair/makeup trial appointment set up. 

i feel good, the biggest thing i have to do is finish paying off for things!

Post # 14
2261 posts
Buzzing bee

Mrsjr:  Honeymoon was one of the hardest decisions we made. We booked it right after we booked the venue. High on our priority list. We decided on Bora Bora. But I have a never ending list of ideas and places and resorts and yeah….. choosing isn’t easy!! 

Let us know where you end up going!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors