October 2014 brides, when to send out save the dates?

posted 3 years ago in October 2014
Post # 3
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m not sure how early is too early, but I’m sending out ours in/around February.

All of fi’s family are 2500+ miles away, and all of my father’s side is at least a state away, so I figure they could use the time to plan.

Post # 4
771 posts
Busy bee

I’m sending mine early February. our wedding is destination so I want to give enough notice and also thought it would help people to know of possible trip before they get their tax returns back and then probably invites in July ( end) do maybe 10 weeks before??

Post # 5
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

I agree with February! Enough time after the holidays that people won’t lose them!

Post # 7
619 posts
Busy bee

I was planning to do mine by the end of the year, simply because 90% of the guest list is interstate and are all full time workers, retirees or students!

Invites in July I think 🙂 

Post # 8
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I’m going with early February as well!!

Post # 9
84 posts
Worker bee

Even for a wedding with no out of town guest i don’t really see why you can send save the dates whenever you please. I have just a few out of town guest while everyone else is completely local and i’ll be sending save the dates just after Christmas. I’m just waiting to get my engagement photos back from the photographer next week and then i can design the save the dates which will probably takes a couple weeks. I’ll wait till after Christmas so they don’t get mixed up with christmas cards and all that business.

Post # 10
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@SimplyEuphoric:  We were thinking no later than the end of June for our invites.

Post # 11
2831 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

i’m sending ours in january. we’re getting married over a holiday weekend, so i want to be sure people know to book early.

Post # 12
102 posts
Blushing bee

I sent my STD out via email as soon as we picked a date, one year in advance.  We are in going to be our mid thirities when we marry so we a tad over excited to be getting married finally. 

It is nice to see so many other October 2014 brides.  Smile

Post # 13
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I usually recommend sending them out 6-8 months before the wedding (between February and April). Any earlier and people will forget. Any later and people may have trouble booking their transportation.

Invitations should go out 2-3 months ahead of time for the same reasons. 

Post # 14
689 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House

@SimplyEuphoric:  Date twin! I am giving 8 months, since people will have to take a day off of work, so mid-Feb!

Post # 15
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Church

I don’t think we are going to. The onesthat arevery far awaywill be gettinginvites six months in advance to be able to have time to make arrangements to come. Everyone else is getting theirs a few months ahead of time.

Post # 16
1157 posts
Bumble bee

I think we’re sending ours just after the holidays, so early January.  It’s so small (and destination) that everyone already knows the date anyway.

Invites probably late June/early July.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors