(Closed) October 2014 brides!!! Where did you start!?

posted 4 years ago in October 2014
Post # 3
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@kansas_nurse:  October 3, 2014!! We recently started looking at possible venues, and a budget, definitely! We also started buying the mason jars, tea light candles, and random little things as trinkets. Maybe you can get an idea for centerpieces going? Or even save-the-date ideas! 

Post # 5
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@kansas_nurse:  A wedding planner book sounds like a good idea! I get really confused when I start coming up with all these ideas and I bet it would be great to write them down!

Post # 8
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@kansas_nurse:  My advice is to pick your venue first! Your venue will influence literally everything else in your wedding, and many places book quickly so it’s never too soon to put down a deposit somewhere. 

Congratulations and good luck! 🙂

Post # 9
755 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Congrats!!! definitely do the venue first! I also suggest getting the bigger tasks out of the way too – like photo, dj, etc.  Even though the timelines dont suggest getting these things done until x amount of months before hand, my experience was that people book up quickly.  We’re on a tight budget so I was nervous that the good and cheaper vendors would book quickly.  Plus I needed everyone to speak Spanish (FH is Dominican).  It might depened on where you’re located, but I think booking early was the best thing i’ve done for this wedding yet!

Post # 10
124 posts
Blushing bee

@felixfelicis:  This x100000000000.  She is absolutley right!  With October becoming the most popular wedding month in many areas, find your venue and let their availability determine your wedding date.

FI and I set our budget 1st, then began looking at venues, and once we had our venue chosen and the contract signed, then we had our date 😉

And if you are a design-conscious person the look and style of your venue can also influence your floral arrengements and other decor, cake, dress, invitations, etc.

The topic ‘October 2014 brides!!! Where did you start!?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors