October 2014 DIY Bees!

posted 3 years ago in October 2014
Post # 3
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’d say my wedding is 90% DIY. I’m a designer for Zazzle.com so i’m designing all my own save the dates, invites, thanks yous, and programs. The save the dates and invites will include engagement photos.

I’ll be arranging my own bouquets by purchasing from a local flower wholesaler. Simple white with pops of green, not totally settled on the types of flower yet. Something like this…

Centerpieces are glass bowls full of green apples and water topped with possibly hydrangeas. A more full floral topping then this example….

Friend of the family will make this stage/arbor for us which will serve as ceremony space and private first dance space which i think will make stunning pics lit up in the dark.

FH and his brother will build this dance floor (but will not paint it checkboard like the pics) http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/how-to-build-a-dance-floor/

Today I finished canning homemade apple butter for wedding favors.

It’ll also be an “ipod wedding”(speaker system, ipod, tada!) and a homemade buffet dinner. Its relaxed, rustic, and at a friend of the family’s estate. Sure we’re gonna cook our butts off to prep but i wouldn’t have it any other way 🙂

Post # 4
93 posts
Worker bee

@sayanything:  They’ll change their tune once they actually see what you make, I’m sure 🙂

@kaleko:  Wow I am so jealous of your skills. Please please please post what you come up with!! 🙂

As for me, I’ll almost definitely design my invites/STDs myself. I don’t have any formal training but I’ve got a good eye for it. FMIL and I are also doing the centrepieces ourselves. I posted a thread in the decor forum about it, but here are the pictures of our “first drafts”:

The guest tables will have a mix of the first two, and the last one will be on the head table. We’re going to be putting them all together for real soon… I look forward to struggling with getting everything placed just right Tongue Out I’m kinda proud of them since I came up with the concept myself. I’m good with graphic design but I am NOT the least bit crafty, so the fact that they look pretty ok is shocking.

Post # 5
975 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Banff, Alberta

I’m not quite an October bride but close! I am DIY everything and I am insanely ahead

Flowers: Plan on going to Michaels to get some fall color sales while we are in the city Monday and I will put together the centerpeices, bouquets, boutineers 

Save the dates: Already designed, waiting to be printed at work

Invites: the design is in my head and ready to be implemented. 

Centerpeices: Random stuff in vases, acorns, wheat (I’m a prairie girl)

Ceremony decor: decorations on the aisle chairs are fake flowers tied with ribbon

Ribbon wands: Have ordered the dowels, eye hooks, ribbon

Photo booth: Have ordered the ribbon backdrop. Using an instant camera

Programs: tentatively designed

Guestbook: Designed and ready to be printed

Music: We are picking the music and getting a friend to operate an ipod – DJ’s not allowed

Food for rehersal dinner/welcome: Picnic and we are doing it ourselves for 70 people

I have also started “Will you by my Bridesmaid?” boxes and they are almost finished. 

Post # 6
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’m DIYing our save the dates [wood magnets], centerpieces, bathroom baskets, and of course all of the little details.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors