October 2014 Ladies, Introduce Yourselves

posted 3 years ago in October 2014
Post # 3
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

nice to meet you waitingbee!!!

Name is Gina – I started dating FH on 8/7/2010 and we have had a lot of ups and downs LOL….it’s been a very on again off again relationship but these days we are in a very good place planning our wedding. I see there is definitely a lot of 10/4 brides haha!! As you can see we are 10/24 originally we was 10/4/2013 but we had to push back the wedding due to finances and plus my sister getting married this year as well in August. Our budget is 25K hoping to be below that though…it’s expensive in Jersey! But I’m saving up for it 🙂 we are paying for it ourselves with my parents possibly helping in the dress area and that’s about it. I have been planning like crazy so that when the time comes I’m not stressed over anything. I have been pinning like crazy so all of my ideas are on there and I have a full notebook of ideas as well. Me and FH don’t live together right now so I’m counting down the days till we can finally live together 🙂

Post # 4
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

My name is April, I’ve been dating my FI since 2009, he moved here in 2010 to be with me. – We were very close friends before we even started dating, so we’ve known each other for a very long time!

We very much wanted a Christmas or New Years Eve wedding, but did not want to add stress to our family during holiday travel. We’ve always both loved Halloween, so we figured October 31, 2014 would be great! We’re also very lucky that it falls on a friday.

Post # 5
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hi fellow 10/2014 bees! I’m Leah and my FI is Patrick. We’re both grad students but FI is graduating in December and I just started this semester. We’ve been dating for a year and 7 months, living together for a year, and engaged for almost 4 months. We have two kitties, Hobbes and Nina. They’re our babies and we treat them as such 🙂

So far we’ve booked our venue, chosen our colors and centerpieces, purchased my wedding dress/shoes/veil, chosen some of our bridal party (waiting to see some people from out of town!) and are in the midst of searching for our photographer! I originally didn’t want a long engagement but I honestly don’t know how people do it within a year. It feels like time has been going by fairly quickly! It’ll be a year away from our wedding before we know it!

Post # 6
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@jenilynevette:  We also chose October because of our love of Halloween! I’m already looking forward to celebrating our anniversaries at haunted houses and pumpkin patches haha

Post # 8
236 posts
Helper bee

Hi ladies!

Another 10/4/14 bride here. Just offically booked our date with our venue & photographer. Hoping to get a DJ & partial planner soon then take a break for a little while. We have both been very slow with this process so far, so I’m glad to have all the extra time! 

Post # 11
9 posts
Newbee

Hey everyone! My name is Marissa and my FI is Brian. We’ve been together for 7 years and lived together in our first home for a year. (We like to do just about everything backwards. ie First we got a dog, then we got another one, then we moved into our home. )

Our wedding planning has been no different. Booked our ceremony, reception, and photographer in April, got engaged in May. Our sweetheart table decor is all done (pieces from personal collections, etc.), we’re working on getting all the glassware for the centerpieces for the other tables. We’re planning on taking our version of engagement photos in a couple weeks but they’ll be really informal and my mom is taking them for us. I’m also dress shopping and attending my first real Bridal Show soon to hopefully pick a DJ, maybe find hair and makeup, and decide if we want a day of planner. (More for my mom than anything so she can stop worrying about how to get the flowers moved around etc.)

Keeping things moving along and really enjoying checking things off the list. So far so good on the stress but I’ll be sure to update if/when I hit meltdown mode. Wink

(Oh and I totally agree…its all fun now but that day…all the checks that will have to go out. I don’t even want to think about it right now.)

Post # 12
2581 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - UK

My name is Claire, and I’ve been with my FH since 2006. We’ve lived together since 2009, and been engaged since last September!

So far we’ve got the Church and reception venue booked, and the photographer. Hoping to get my dress by the end of the year, and want to meet with some florists soon. 🙂

Post # 13
689 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House

I swore I had commented on this already…guess not!

I’m Liz, FI is Brett. We’ve been together since December 2010, engaged in October 2011. We’re LDR right now, but only until December!!

So far, we’ve got our wedding planner (who also is doing event and floral design as well as all local flowers), our venue (I’m obsessed), our photographer, band, and pastor (friend of the family). 

Currently working on catering and cake, and getting organized for our visit in October. We’ll have a preliminary design talk before then. Can’t wait!

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee

Hey all! My name is Melissa. So excited to see some date “twins” on here! My FI Clint and I have picked our date October 4th, 2014!! We have been dating for a little over 4 years and finally got engaged on July 4th!! During the grand finale of the fireworks!!

Just started the planning. We have our first vendor meeting thursday for our Venue! We are going back and forth on where to get married. We both come from different religions so we just really need to decide what we want. I am doing silk flowers and have a friend helping me with that! Dress shopping will start August 24th. My colors are Teal, Grey, Black, Cream and Bling!

I am so excited!!!

Post # 15
676 posts
Busy bee

Hey!  My name is Annmarie, and my fiance’s name is Dave.  We’ve been together for about 2 1/2 years and engaged for a year so far in September.  We bought our first home right after we got engaged in November.  We went to high school together and he was my high school crush.  Fast forward 8 years and we randomly started talking and then decided to start dating.  

We are getting married on October 25, I have everything pretty much picked out so far.  We’ve picked the venue but we still need to book it.   I’ll be doing my dress shopping at about a year out.  Our colors are navy and eggplant with hints of metallic and a nod to Harry Potter.  We got engaged at Universal in front of Hogwarts because I am that big of a Harry Potter nerd.  Our centerpieces are going to be books, flowers and candles.  I’ll probably throw some pumpkins in there somewhere since it’s a week before Halloween.  I’m a florist so I will of course be doing the flowers myself.  

Post # 16
5 posts
Newbee

This is my first REAL post about anything related to our wedding! Kinda scary, but here goes!

My name is Jennifer and my fiance is Logan. We’ve been dating for almost 3 years and got engaged in May of this year in Disney World! It was magical to say the least!

I am the type of person who likes to be early to things and have MORE than enough time to plan and tweak. I’m an artist and just anal about details…so the sooner i start planning the better! haha

We haven’t picked a date yet b/c we haven’t met with any venues yet, but we would like something close to halloween. Our theme is going to be a mix of Haunted Mansion and Sleepy Hallow, Spooky but still romantic. I’ve chosen my dress, its a fit and flair with a big black jeweled sash. I plan on doing a lot of DIY projects for the wedding. Flowers, Invitations and Shoes. I am OBSESSED with the color red (i have bright red hair) so i am going to be covering the shoes im gonna wear with red rhinestones.

I can’t WAIT to get started!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors