October 2014 Mamas!!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
Hostess
3787 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

EDD? There was a bit of confusion over my O date, but I’m pretty sure it’s October 11th.

How long did you try before your BFP? Second month; 11th cycle charting.

Do you have any other kids or is this the first? First one!

Do you have any symptoms yet? If so what? Do you feel pregnant? My main symptoms were that my nips WEREN’T sore. And I’ve gotten weird “hot flashes” on a few days, but I just blew those off as me being a weirdo. 

I don’t feel pregnant at all! I have some cramping today and they feel just like AF cramps. I don’t think it’s going to feel real for a while. 

What are you the most excited about? A baby! haha. I’m super excited to feel Baby Lemondrop move and to see DH’s face when he can feel baby move.

What are you the most nervous about? The obvious. Oh yeah, and debilitating morning sickness. And I’m a bit worried about telling my family – that seems like it could go either way in terms of support. 

Post # 5
632 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Thanks for starting this!

Roll Call!

EDD? October 2, 2014

How long did you try before your BFP? 14 cycles, finally got pregnant thanks to IUI!

Do you have any other kids or is this the first? First!

Do you have any symptoms yet? If so what? Do you feel pregnant? Not really. My breasts have been tender and I have some occasional cramping, but that’s it. I definitely didn’t think I was pregnant this cycle and even bought a box of tampons the night before my positive test!

What are you the most excited about? Everything. This baby has been so long awaited. When we first started trying, I had all these books and stuff thinking it would happen right away and when it didn’t, I put all that stuff away. It’s been fun to pull it out and really get into it. I’m excited to have a bump, buy maternity clothes, buy baby clothes, plan a nursery, and I am very, very excited to experience childbirth!

What are you the most nervous about? The anxiety that something will happen to the pregnancy or the baby’s health…I think most newly pregnant moms experience that, thought.

Post # 6
465 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Roll Call!

EDD? October 11 based on O date, October 12 based on LMP

How long did you try before your BFP? 2 years and 3 months – first cycle on clomid!

Do you have any other kids or is this the first? This is the first!!!

Do you have any symptoms yet? If so what? Do you feel pregnant?
I have some nausea, but that is hard to tell if it is from anxiety or not!  I have had bad back aches, cramps and bloating, as well as sore nipples.

What are you the most excited about? Everything!! Telling our families is pretty high up there too – first grandbaby on all sides, and this LO will have 10 aunts and uncles (plus lots of great aunts and uncles too).  It takes a village!

What are you the most nervous about?
The obvious – I feel like I can’t relax and enjoy it yet.  Also, breastfeeding, just because I want to do it so. bad. but I am worried that it won’t work out. 

Post # 10
465 posts
Helper bee

@Tomato22:  I think you may have to just keep posting an updated list… That’s why it seems like on the POAS threads anyway!

It’s so exciting to have the first grandchild!  I am very excited to tell them 🙂  I have already ordered some clearance onesies from old navy that say ‘I heart Grandma’ etc. 

Post # 11
Hostess
11469 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Congrats to all you October mommies! I can’t believe we are there already. This is going to be an awesome year. 🙂

@Tomato22:  After a certain amount of time you can’t edit a previous post. If you want to add everyone’s dates you will have to copy the original post and add the dating there.

When I was running the August Momma’s board I found it helpful to keep a sticky note handy with everyone’s updates. That way I only had to post an udpate every couple of pages.

Post # 13
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Roll Call!

EDD? 10/3 Will have an official date next friday.

How long did you try before your BFP? 6 months, and 1 round of clomid

Do you have any other kids or is this the first? first

Do you have any symptoms yet? If so what? Do you feel pregnant? Heartburn city, bloating, frequent urination, fatigue, sore boobs oh and I cannot stand peanut butter anymore.  I sometimes feel pregnant.

What are you the most excited about? Besides holding our baby, either seeing everyone be so happy when we announce or the baby bump!

What are you the most nervous about? Miscarriage. We already had a scare from my no good doctor.  Needless to say after our 6 week ultrasound I will be switching to a midwife.

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  SOOOOO EXCITED TO SEE YOU HERE!!!! Congrats mama!!

Congrats to all the other October mamas!!! So excited to finally be able to post in one of these threads!

Post # 14
240 posts
Helper bee

@princessbelle:  Well, heartburn is a good sign isn’t it? I have a new symptom, PEEING. I actually went to m. OB yesterday just to check if it’s not a bladder infection and she did an US and everything looks fine. The little embro was 2mm, unbelievable!!! When is your six weeks appointment? Are you still POASing?

@Tomato22:  Thanks, he is getting better and better, it was a scare indeed, we got the diagnosis two months before our wedding… I am happy that you got pregnant quickly too. It feels so unreal, doesn’t it? My sister has been struggling with infertility for 1,5 years and I am not sure yet how to tell her.

@misshydra:  We haven’t told anyone yet. We have an US 12/2 and want to tell my parents on Valentines Day, other than that we wann to wait till the second trimester… It’s soooo hard though 🙁

@maggierose:  It feels so strange, I have never been an anxious or fearful person but I love this little seed so much already that it would break my heart to loose it. How are you doing today?

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  Yay! Congrats, I am so happy for you! I was stalking you on the POAS Board and I am excited to see you here now!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/october-2014-babies#ixzz2s3io7et3

Post # 15
240 posts
Helper bee

Roll Call!

EDD? According to LMP October 3rd, but I must have ovulated later and my OB said October 6th 🙂

How long did you try before your BFP? Lucky first 

Do you have any other kids or is this the first? This is our first!

Do you have any symptoms yet? If so what? Do you feel pregnant? Peeing constantly, sore boobs every other day and some cramping that feels like AF. Oh yes, how could I forget, TIRED 24/7.

What are you the most excited about? Seeing the heartbeat, getting a bump, enjoying pregnancy, telling family & friends and having this miracle together with my hubs.

What are you the most nervous about? Miscarriage 🙁 We’ve had a family history and I am scared of it. Other than that I am anxious that something can go wrong in general but I try to stay positive…

Ladies, I am so excited for this journey. Wishing you all a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I hope many girls from the February POAS board will join this fantastic group! 

Post # 16
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@anni_bride:  6 week appointment is feb 7th!! Cannot wait.  I am totally guilty of poas’ing still.  Just did a digi yesterday to see if it said 2-3 weeks and it did 🙂  So glad you had a good ultrasound!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors